Wednesday, February 14, 2018

~ Happy Valentine's Day ~


 I know I should be thinking about hearts, flowers and love ~
being St. Valentine's Day and all.
so I will try.

but my thoughts keep being derailed to.....
getting back to my embroidery!!!!


so I'll combine the two ~

ah, yes, love....
{of needle and thread}


the sweet sentiments of flowers...
{and satin stitches}
 

 the allure and coyness of innocence ~
{and embellishment}


 head-over-heals in LOVE!
{just can't get enough}


Thankfully,
I'm blessed to be married to my soulmate ~
whom I believe is the only one on this planet that 'gets' me
and my need to consistently create something...
{he kinda is the same way, so....}

and he knows I love him.
dearly
deeply
truly
totally.

So whilst my head may be full of threads,
 there is plenty of room in my heart for him.




"Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, 
when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; 
especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts 
~ than while so occupied."
 
~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859
 

this is my brain on thread.....

 ❤♥❤

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Lori! Where on earth did you get those photos???!! I think Nathaniel Hawthorne gets all of us, for sure!

Cheryl R said...

Great photos of sweetness and love. I'm a crazy romantic in a techno world.
Happy Valentine's day to you.

Laura said...

These embroidered pictures are definitely in the top ten things I have ever seen and loved!!!!! Wow!

Jane said...

LOVE the photos and Hawthorne's quote about women of "high thoughts and accomplishments"!!
Hugs to Y'all on Valentine's Day!

Susie H said...

This post absolutely proves that you are indeed a nut! Hilarious ... and I so loved it! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,
These pics are awesome!
Thats soo neat,,, wow,,,,
Happy valentines,,,,
Take care,,,,