Sunday, January 21, 2018

~ Thread & Inspiration and a freebie! ~

 Hello!
~ Happy Sunday Friends & Folk ~ 

🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄
I have been perusing Pinterest and Instagram lately ~ {{ per usual }}
and have become quite fascinated with embroideries of mushrooms! 

As a child growing up in the seventies, this familiar fungus was a staple-motif 
and appeared everywhere...
on printed fabrics, tea towels, toaster covers, pot holders, wall decor and much more ~
I even embroidered some on my denim jacket.
{oh how I wish I still had that jacket }

I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite photos of inspiration..
again, these are not my works of hand ~ but other folks' work were found on the world wide web
... as mentioned above:


















So here is a freebie of mushrooms 
 ~ that I sketched up for you in case you feel like joining me in stitching some up ~ 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰



feel free to use these little doodles ~
 would love to see yours if you decide to stitch them!
and 
if you're a member of my Humble Work Hand Embroidery Group on FB
you can post them there :)

Have a creative day my friends!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

14 comments:

Saundra said...

FUN and wonderful embroideries.

Dianne said...

Loved the one posted on fb but had not looked here first.great finds and your sketch is wonderful! Thanks for the freebie.

3millplainrd said...

I love seeing mushrooms in crafts, maybe you could design something?

gracie said...

I love this. Thank you. My dad was an avid mushroom picker...all my growing years the only mushrooms we ate were the ones he picked! The first time we bought mushrooms was the year after he died (1986) as he would "put up the jars" and there ere plenty of them. I am not that good with crewel work (not having done it in a long long time) but I may give it a try again.

Debra said...

Thank you, Lori! I have always loved seeking mushrooms on my woodland walks, and I still get excited when they show up in my yard!

Deb said...

Oh my what a blast from the past, we had mushroom in the kitchen decor including the wallpaper. I had stitched up a few on friends jeans and jackets. Thanks for the freebie and the memories of days gone by.

Anonymous said...

I adore mushrooms...for their fairy-taleishness...and their deliciousness!! These embroidered fungi are utterly charming (LOVE the black one, especially!). Toadstools were always where faerie gathered in my child's mind. And still are!

Susie H said...

Beautiful mushrooms. Love spying them while walking my dog. Mushrooms and lichen. Nature's beauty. Thanks for the design.

elaine allerton said...

Wow! These sure bring back memories,,, my moms kitchen had mushroom decor,,,,
I think I did a stitchery of some, too,,,,
I know the rug hookers in our group ,, used to do rug hooked mushrooms in pictures and bell pulls! From the 70s!!
Thanks for all the jnspiration and freebies,,,,

vic said...

I love the one with the black beading on the mushroom cap.

JustGail said...

I do remember mushrooms in crewel needlework in the 70s! I also seem to recall they were often accompanied by snails, frogs or other cute little animals, usually with a smiling face stitched on as well. Thanks for the freebie and for finding some lovely inspiration photos.

Anonymous said...

I love your work, just restarted doing needle work after many years. Your works are so inspiring, Thank you so much

Shana Russsell said...

Love your work, thank you so much for the inspiration. I will be doing more needle work in the future. Thanks again <3

Anonymous said...

My mother still uses her mushroom shaped canisters as well as the mushroom shaped clock!
I never thought about it before but after seeing these and your comment about the 70’s (me too) I think it would be awesome to catch their likeness in an embroidered piece. Thank you