Friday, January 19, 2018

~ Multi-Tasking ~

Happy Friday 
~ Friends & Folk ~ 
ಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊಊ

so here I am, working on multiple projects at once, 
...again. 

I have to give my hands a break from doing one form of needlework for a long period of time,
and lately that has been punch needle ~ 

you've seen my Claudia Cluck doll, 
and know I'm working on her friend Roberta...
but my hands hurt so badly sometimes ~ that all I can manage to do is slow stitching.
 

my work varies greatly within the mediums of my needles...
punch-work is fun, quick and offers lots of room for whimsical-ness.
Where embroidery gives me more freedom to use thread colors and stitches ~
 

so many tiny little loops!
 

so many tiny little stitches!!
 

...while Roberta is resting,
my tiny kitten is coming to life.
 

I've finished filling her in,
detailed her eyes, nose & mouth ~
and added more depth to her silk ribbon bow...
 

now I've begun stitching a 'ground' of sorts upon where she sits.
those blue spots will disappear with a spritz of water
{ALWAYS use color-fast threads!!}
and those pencil-lines will be covered with my stitches.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰


I have a small antique black oval tin frame that she will live in once finished ~ 
but she still needs a name...any suggestions?


~ AND ~
We are will be OPEN tomorrow, Saturday January 20th
here at the Farm Shop from 10:00 - 4:00
灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬灬
come on in for a visit!!



I will however be away  
January 27th, so Farm Shop will NOT be open then ~

Hoping you all have a beautiful day!

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

10 comments:

Kathy B said...

Oh Lori! To be as talented as you.....

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lori, both are darling...but that little kitty is pure artwork. Perhaps you should write your book using these embroidered and punched figures as illustrations. Wonderful work! I'm so impressed with the kitty that I would call her "Meowza!!!" Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Your work is lovely..my name suggestion is Belulah..

Anonymous said...

She looks like my Ebby. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, how about Penny cat

Heather said...

Oh, what pretty creations you're making! Im sorry to hear your hands are hurting...that is such a struggle when you're a creator! Love all the things you're making though!

Janet said...

Just love the stitches you are using on the kitten. Beautiful.

Annmarie said...

I am not a very creative soul and rely on those talented to design and plan so I can interpret and stitch. Your creativity and choices in threads are so special. I just love the colors and the way you have stitched this sweet treasure. The addition of the lighter colors and just the right number of stitches and the red bow.....WONDERFUL. I spent time really looking at the stitching to learn.....I hope I was able to take away a bit - thanks so much!!!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,
Your stitchery is wonderful,,,, kitty looks like whiskers,,, shes so sweet,,,,
And ur punches are adorable,,,,
Good to switch about,,,, u do alot,,,,
Have a fun day today,,, hope lots of friends drop by,,,,

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori
Love little WINNIE ! Love to make her myself! Any chance there will
be a pattern and directions of her?
Enjoy your day
Darlene N