Wednesday, January 17, 2018

~ Claudia Cluck ~

H E L L O! 
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
 
I am finished with my very first little Friend...
the start of a whole pattern-series of
Punch Needle Folk  
from Notforgotten Farm™

Once again, 
~ her name is Claudia Cluck ~

Claudia is the Head-Hen here at the farm...
she is most helpful with keeping the entire hen house on it's toes 
and will simply not tolerate any mischief from the chicklings.
Claudia is fond of earth worms, but prefers freshly baked cornbread while it is still warm.

On sunny Summer afternoons, 
you can find her taking her beloved dirt bath under the lilac bush on the side of the barn.
{Claudia also sews all of her own dresses from old printed flour-sacks}.

She is a free-standing doll 
... that I designed and created with punch needle embroidery.

I used my Ultra Punch Needle {with Medium tip} ~
Valdani pearl cotton size #8 {doubled} 
and DMC cotton floss {all 6 strands} were used to create her.


 I chose a beautiful floral cotton quilting fabric in blues for her backing...
and stuffed her firmly with clean cotton balls.
 





 {don't let that sweet face fool you into thinking she's just another dumb-cluck}


 I am now working on her best-friend, Roberta...
whom I'll introduce soon ;)


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love her! And I really like her backing! Ever-new ideas sprouting from that mind o' yours, Lori!

Vicki DeCuyper said...

Wow... I would love to spend a day looking around inside of your creative brain! Definitely adding these to my "To Do" list :)

Cheryl R said...

Oh..she turned out so darn cute.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I am just completing Stacy Nash's Animal Crackers and Cracker Crumbs and these are so similar they will be a perfect match. I will soon have a farmyard full of free-standing animals.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love Claudia...I almost named my Annie, Claudia...after a favorite nun, not a chicken. Anxiously awaiting a glimpse of Roberta since I myself am one of those. Love all these creations!
Robyn

Krissy B. said...

I hope you are doing the bunny next because I know I'll want her too. Claudia just makes me grin from ear to ear.

NMK said...

So Cute !!!! Fun to have a collection of farm friends !!!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with Claudia! And I can't wait to meet her circle of friends! Seriously. Is her pattern available yet?

Saundra said...

That was fast. She's quite stunning and would never think she was a dumb cluck, lol.

2stitchin said...

Oh my, she is so, so adorable!. What a wonderful series it will be!

Unknown said...

She's adorable!

Unknown said...

She is just precious! Will you be selling the patterns?

elaine allerton said...

Love claudia and her story!!
I can see a book in your future!!
Love the illustrations, ,,,, you are so talented,,, m