Wednesday, November 22, 2017

~ Early Morning Farmhouse ~


I love waking earlier than Peter...going downstairs to a quiet kitchen
 {read: before Peaches, our parrot hears me and begins yelling "Morning! Morning!"} 

I quietly get the tea kettle from the woodstove, 
pour myself a piping cup and head back upstairs to my sewing room
to peruse my favorite blogs, FB and of course, Pinterest...

I love the way the morning light slants into our old wavy glass windows...
casting beautiful plays of shadow and sunlight onto my cozy stitching nest ~


this room is where all of my dreaming, creating and designing begins 
so I fill it with inspiration pieces that speak to my vintage/primitive and needlework-loving heart.


pretty things, old things,
 odd things that no one else may want 
but that I find beautiful in the simplicity or wear in and of them ~


tattered lace, yellowed and stiff with age
mingles with beloved jewels made by dear fiends and some by myself as well.
small pieces of memories that keep my mind full of inspiration for future things to create...

  
I can easily get lost in here {and do!} for hours...
rummaging through my piles of fabrics, wools and linens ~
re-discovering threads in dark corners and half-finished projects that were meant to be perhaps a new design that somehow found it's way into a drawer, only to be brought back out in the light and reimagined now ~ to finally be resurrected.


As the sunlight strengthens and shines brighter, 
I hear my husband stirring in the bedroom and know that another busy day is ahead for us both...
there will be many cups of tea and coffee to fuel us, there will be much discussing and planning
and then our workday begins.

He, creating with his beloved wood ~
Me, plying those needles & thread in some way or another....

~ here are the most recent things to come from my punch needle:

'Santa Deer' and 'Peace Dove'
patterns coming soon, both paper & PDF
 

and of course I have another in my hoop ~
'Christmas Heart & Holly'
 

Our daughter Hannah will be coming home today ~
we will shop this eve for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow...
it's always so good when she comes home.

Wishing for you a beautiful day filled with quiet times and creativity to fill your heart ~

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

9 comments:

lynda said...

Just wanted to know how you get by a parrot without them knowing!!!!????

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post, Lori. Early mornings are so quiet and reflective. And I hear that in your post today...as peaceful as a dove...
Happy times with your family!

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! What a lovely space...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Mugwump Woolies said...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! What lovely words...spending your days doing what you love most...with the love of your life...in the wondrous place you have created together! It doesn't get much better than that. You are blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Robyn

Kathy B said...

I love reading your blogs. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

elaine allerton said...

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!!
Such lovely punch needles,,,
LLove them all!!
Thanks for sharing ur early mornings,,,,,

Patti said...

Wishing a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Blessings, Patti

NMK said...

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving & lots of fun with your sweet family !!!!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Your craft room is wonderful, very inspirational.