Thursday, October 19, 2017

~ Very Little Stitching ~


Good Thursday Morning Friends & Folk ~
a nice chilly start to this fine day indeed!
the laundry is washed, the bed made...
 &
after a heaping bowlful of piping hot steel-cut oats with cinnamon & raisins 
and two {in the very least} more cups of tea,
I will get back to work stitching this:

'Very Little'

yes, my post title today is intentionally misleading 
~ have to keep you on your toes, don't I?
 

I'm working it on the same linen that I previously stitched on,
I hate to cut linen...I want to use up every inch of it all.
 

both will be finished & framed, housed neatly for all-time under old wavy glass that we are recycling from our humble farmhouse's ancient windows that we replaced....
these will be offered at the From Our Hands show in Peninsula, OH come November ~


 simple stitches ~ quiet thread ~ humble linen

so see?
even though I'm stitching very little,
I am stitching quite-alot!
 

so, what is in your hoop? ~
inquiring minds....

Blessings from the ƒarm 
~ Lori

6 comments:

Winnie said...

Good Morning Lori! It sounds like a very cozy and wonderful fall in Virginia October morning. Nothing like hot oats to start a chilly day too. My Dad used to say that a breakfast of cooked oats would stick to your ribs and give you the energy necessary to tackle the day's work. Would you agree?

I am in love with your current blog header. That pumpkin pyramid is just too cute and the rustic colors are perfect. I have been MIA for awhile with travel and what- not, but I am happy to see that you are doing well and beautiful things are happening with your needle and in your shop these days! Next time you get a chance, take in a deep breath of that Virginia fall air for this homesick Florida girl.

Ronda said...

Hi Lori! Any reference to stitches is a definite lure! I am the same way with my linen and weavers cloth, get the most out it you can, sometimes in punch needle, I almost cut it a little short, that cloth stretched on a frame suddenly shrinks a bit when the stretch is removed. Just have to be a bit more lenient on that.

No better way to start the day than with a belly warmed of oatmeal. With tea or coffee(me) throughout the day!

Enjoy your day!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love this, Lori! You always amaze me at what you come up with. Love the wavy glass from your farmhouse windows being used too. Great idea! Lori

LaNelle said...

Lovely stitches Lori and fabulous use to recycle your glass wonderful touch❤️Blessings....

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful stitches!
Nothing in my hoop, but a rug started in class at the ATHA biennial on my frame.
See you in Peninsula :)

elaine allerton said...

Lovely stitches,,,
Might try a small cross stitch agin,,, have a freebie from you,,,, might be good to travel with,, as going to florida for november!
Also take my punch needle,,,,
Love ur pics, thanks for sharing,,,,