Monday, July 24, 2017

~ Getting my WITCHY on ~



Good Monday Morning
Friends & Folk ~

I woke this morning to the sound 
of our air-conditioners and fans and their mechanical whirring in my head...

I want so badly to just fling open the windows, 
let some fresh cool crisp air into this old farmhouse 
~ and enjoy the sounds of Mother Nature while I sleep!

ah yes...soon, soon.

In the meanwhile,
 I headed straight to my desk with 'other' thoughts now in my foggy little brain.
Those thoughts that are never far under the surface of my rippling creativity ~
yes friends, thoughts of Witches.
{ok, pumpkins, black cats, moons, ......you get it.}

I like to look back on my previous works and revisit past creations.
This always helps inspire my work for new ideas,
... ways to change and keep my folk art 'fresh' but familiar
*wink wink*
;)

So, here are a few of my past Witches & Other Friends:
 
punched & embroidered

sketchbook #8

sketchbook #15

dancing witch paper cutting {scherenshnitte}

stitched-witch

punched

naked

always watching

humbly-stitched

painterly-witch

oh those tiny little loops!

Inspiration....

snippets in time ~
We shall see where all of these little reminders will lead me....
~ who knows?

Have a happy & Creative Monday my sweet Friends ~
☾.•*¨*☆*¨*•.☽ 
Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Kathy B said...

Oh be still my heart♡♡♡♡ I can't wait to see what manifests from your imagination. Best witches to ya!

NMK said...

What a Fun post !!! We got an inch of rain this morning & it's cool ..... what a crazy summer ! Hope you get some refreshing air soon too !!! Can't wait to see what you will create next !!!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Everything is perfect, Lori!! Such creativity...all of your "witchy" things are just adorable!! I keep a book on things that I have made in the past...it's fun too see what the mind was creating years ago....I figure, even if my kids won't care about it....my grand daughter's might! Have fun...I know you always do!! I was able to open the windows this morning!

Unknown said...

Oh, dear. It's only July and I'm craving Pumpkin Spice coffee. Thanks a bunch, Lori! lol

Unknown said...

We have had 4 and a half inches of rain today and it's still coming down! Feels like fall up here in Ontario, Canada. Witchy thoughts are perfect.

elaine allerton said...

Lori,, love ur witches and stitches!!
Not too hot here,,,, has been a wet cool summer,, but yikes that heat would be awful,,,
Wish out bugs would go though,,
Hsppy stitching!!

Barb said...

Lori, you are an amazing artist! Love all those witches!!

woollabeast said...

Ohhh "hi there" Witchy Friend! You just "cast a spell" & BE-Witch us all with your talent & creatively (over-active) mind! Can't even imagine how anyone says their 'bored' when there is not enuf time in a LIFE-time to do all the things we hope to achieve! Hallowe'eeeeen has my ~♥~ ...thanks for sharing all your wonder-filled imagination & various Witchy mediums!

Woolly Hugs from me to thee!
Yaw friend up Nawth, ~D~