Sunday, June 25, 2017

~ Oh Yes it IS!!! ~


 ...It is officially Tomato Season ~

hot, sunny days, cooler nights, humidity & rain
all make for wonderful growing conditions for our tomatoes!

we have a bunch of different varieties in our kitchen garden this year,
from so-called acid-free yellow tom's, to vibrant Big Boy's ~
and lest us forget the old heirlooms like American Beauty and Black Stripe too...

although ours are not 'fruiting' yet, our plants are hearty...
with beautiful yellow blossoms that make our honeybees happy girls!

I am always inspired by my surroundings,
so it is fitting that I have these for your stitching pleasure ~
I'm happy to release for you:
'Tomato Season' & Buzzbee Pin Poke'

....for a plant would not thrive without the aide of a honeybee ~ or two or three...

I've taken one design: 
a Lady in a Garden with a "**Ginormous" tomato...
and vines, leaves and of course a curious crow, 
and went with it to create these in both punch needle and cross stitch.

and since we were at it, why not add a 'Ripe Tomato' Thread Winder to the mix 
for your Summer Workbasket?


All three patterns are available now in our
in both PDF/instant Download, and Mailed Paper form.

We WILL be adding 'Tomato Season' as a HOOKED RUG Design on Paper & Linen, 
hopefully tomorrow as well for you wool-loving rug hookers 
;)

*** a nod to the word 'Ginormous', 
used by my sweet model cross stitcher Heather Stevens, 
~ who  said this tomato was just that.
{{thank you my sweet & gentle friend}}

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and Now I am in FULL-THROTTLE 
for AUTUMN & Sauder Village Rug Week!
WOOHOOOOOOooooo!
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had to laugh aloud at the "ginormous" tomato...there's always one, isn't there?! To be truthful, I have never been successful at growing tomatoes, but seriously, there is nothing in the WORLD like a home-grown one! Ok...I'm allowing the green light now into your Autumn creations...you go, girl! ;). Although you shine in every season, Autumn is your baby. I'm seriously thinking about stitching your antique sampler when you get it charted. The challenge will be in making it look antique.

Annmarie said...

You continually come out with unique and creative needlework - thank you.
Since my brain doesn't work that way, I especially LOVE your talent and look forward to stitching your pieces. Have a special week.

elaine allerton said...

Love them all ,, lori!! Cant wait to see the hooked one, too,,,, yeah!
Such fun ,,, ur ideas are never ending,,,, love to see new videos,,, punching or whatever,,, take care,,,