Thursday, April 27, 2017

~ Chicken Stitches! ~

 I am over the moon excited about hosting another one of my sweet & talented friends' classes here at our Farm Shop ~

the imitable Becky Noland from Lucy Beam
will be teaching a finishing class for this!!!

"Queen Chicky" 

I mean seriously, who else BUT Becky could come up with this idea? 
 

class participants will be Pre-stitching an insert of this funky chicken below,
to set inside your milk glass hen ~
which is included in the class/kit!


AND they will also be stitching the little speckled egg scissors fob too!


Becky is also including the sweet little Putford scissors with the kit....
 


at the moment, we have 6 students confirmed
 if you have signed up and don't see your name here EMAIL ME asap!:
Confirmed Students for June 10th class ~
Heather Stevens
Robin Muddiman
Sue Walker
Blaine Harkins
Augusta Van Nassau 
Chris Cassidy

There are only FOUR spots left for this class, so if you want to spend a day at Notforgotten Farm with a bunch of crazy stitchers, then email me now to sign up :)

the cost of the class is $90.00 and will include:
Glass Hen
Putford Scissors
Students will be mailed their kit for Pre-stitching, and they have their choice of Linen or Aida cloth.
 The fabric used in the model is 32ct. "Ancient" Linen by Picture This Plus
OR
"Ancient Aida"

hurry hurry and sign up!

 • • • • • • • • • 
In Other News:

here is a peek of my other new cross stitch design,
"So Inclined"
the verse reads:
"I would be so inclined to Stitch more ~ if it were not for Sleep" 
 



 my beautiful model was stitched by the talented hands of sweet friend Heather Stevens ~
linen used: 32ct Old Farmhouse from Notforgotten Farm
threads used: DMC
 


 I need to 'finish' the models now, 
and then I will show share them with you in their full glory
;)

I am off to do my chores, 
check on the puppies {we lost one sweet babe and are down to 6}
and then settle in to stitch/punch/hook.

Hoping you all enjoy a beautiful creative day!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

5 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love this project! My mother collected those milk glass chickens. Whenever I see one I am at once transported back to my childhood. Sounds like a wonderful class!
Robyn

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh how I wish I were close enough to take a class at the farm... any class!! But this one looks like all kinds of whimsical fun! Such a cleverly unique idea. Sorry 'bout the pup....it's nature, but it still sure hurts.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the full glory!!

Cheryl R said...

love it the great chicken idea. I want to live closer. what fun.

essay best said...

You did a wonderful job, loved the whole concept of the project, need to bookmark your blog to see more such wonderful blogs. Thank you for sharing it with us