Wednesday, April 26, 2017

~ After the Rains... ~


 Hello Sunshine!
Hello Friends & Folk!

finally...
oh how I love to feel the warmth of the sun again ~
I like rainy days but we've had plenty now for the time being 
~ thankyouverymuch.

thought I'd go out early and take a few snaps of the in-need-of-weeding gardens ~
and that will be what I will be doing this afternoon...
weeding!

you can see if the photo below that we are working on this old farmhouse ~ 
removing the old chippy white paint, painting trim, etc...
 

our grapes are doing well with all of this rain,
...  I'm sure they will explode after today's sun & warmth!
 

the Iris' have blossomed...
the peach ones are so delicate ~
 


...but it's the purple ones that I love most.

 

coreopsis  is reaching for the sunbeams in the photo below...
love my St. Francis statue
{ St. Francis cared for the poor and sick, he preached sermons to animals, and praised all creatures as brothers and sisters under God. St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and ecology, was born in Italy around 1181 or 1182. }

and the little lipped jug was found buried here on the property 
near the old log kitchen behind the farmhouse...
it is broken, but still beautiful to me ~


our Daisy girl is enjoying the sunshine too! 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

and here is a peek at my new cross stitch design,
"Steal Not"
it was stitched by my friend Heather Stevens and what a beautiful job she did!

please note: 
the linen looks 'blue' near the lettering, but it is not....
the sampler is laying on top of a quilt and it is showing through the linen.

this new design, along with a few other new designs will accompany me to the 
PSS Retreat/Merchant Mall on May 5th & 6th in Columbus Ohio
{which I will be leaving for in one very short week!}


Well I am on my way out the door to run errands ~ 
usual PO stop, banking and market...
 
All of the current Little Stitches Handwork Club/LSHC kits have been shipped, 
and as a member your kit should have/will be arriving soon :) 

April/May/June 2017 LSHC model "Melancholy"

if you'd like to join or renew our exclusive club for cross stitchers, please click 

Have a *SPARKLING* day my friends!
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

6 comments:

Glenda said...

I do not believe I have ever seen a peach Iris. I have yellow Iris' and they have been blooming their hearts out. I have got to get my garden boxes cleaned out for planting, but as usual I am behind. Have a beautiful day.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your gardens, dear Lori!! We are getting a bit of the wet stuff today, which my gardens sooo appreciate! Shall use some of the rainwater for making oak gall ink (or try, lol!). I was looking through your Etsy shop yesterday, marveling at all you've done. I'm a bit stalled in what I want to create next and so have taken a delightful respite working on one of your designs which I purchased, started, and got sidetracked. Love your work...it has your stamp on it. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I see from your Witch Stitches that today is the New Moon...perfect for starting something new!

Blaine said...

Your gardens are beautiful! I received my package today. Thank you!

elaine allerton said...

Always enjoy ur gardens! Wow,,, spring has really sprung at ur place, , we are getting there slowly!
Hows the puppies? Hope mom is good, too,,
Take care,
Enjoy sun,,,,

Cheryl R said...

Always enjoy Your gardens. . I have my Mom's iris moved from our last house.
They are so many colors even a dk purple that looks black.
Your new design is great as usual.