Tuesday, March 28, 2017

~ Betwixt & Between ~

Good Tuesday Morning
~ Friends & Folk ~ 

a little rain falling gently on the farm today...
~ and we need the rain badly.
not much of 'the white stuff' fell on us this winter, so our ground is in need of a good soak.

happily, though ~ our Robin Red Breast friends are able to poke their beaks
 into now-softened ground to pull up a few fat worms...{no, not WOOL worms silly}
and speaking of fat,
just look at the bellies on these three below! ~


not sure but me thinks these are all females ~
aren't they sweet?
 

  sorry for the bit of distortion, my photos were snapped 
looking through our old wavy glass windows here in the farmhouse.


In other news,
 I've finished hooking the background of my
 'Elda's Flowers' rug...
and of course when I set it down to snap a few.....
 

well,
... do you approve, Iggy?
 

this background is made up of 3 different textured, as-is blues.
with a few random worms of off-blue for interest...
 

I would describe the overall background color as
" Denim-y, with a touch of Prussian and a pinch of Sunday School Wool-Skirt tweed."
{but that's just me...lol}


... now on to the border.
I have a bag of worms from previous rugs that I've been saving 
for a scrappy  hit or miss kind-of border.

I still have to figure out just how I want to hook the border, although I know what wool to use.
what direction? planned random-ness? controlled-chaos? maybe wavy?
OR how 'bout super prim, kinda-toss-them-up-in-the-air and hook 'em where they land technique?
sure. 
whatever my hook tells my hand to do will be...



are you a member of my Facebook group for Rug Hookers?
~ The Out of Hand Rug Hookers Group ~
(OOHRHG)
it is a WONDERFUL group of friendly folks for both new & old 'hookers'
where we get together and ask questions, share photos, learn & encourage one another ...

We are getting ready to begin a fun Hook-A-Long (HAL) {more details to follow}
and at the moment, I have over 3700 members and we are growing everyday!


https://www.facebook.com/groups/theoutofhandrughookers/
One of our OOHRHG members, 
Kelley from http://kankerdoodle.blogspot.com is holding her own little HAL on her blog and participating folks will be posting their progress on the group page while following along with Kelley's progress ~ join in the fun, won't you?

And just a friendly reminder that I will be vending again at the
~ Virginia Rug Fest ~
 this coming Saturday, April 1st 2017
http://shockoesliprughookers.com/virginia-rugfest-2017.html
 this event is in it's 15th year, 
and I have been blessed to be a part for a couple of years now...
Hmmm...actually since 2010
 as my blog 'records' show!

click on the link  and read all about the Shockoe Slip Rug Hookers 
and if you get a chance to come out to the event ~ stop in my room and say Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well I am off to run errands now ~ post office, banking and a little trip to the market.
then it's back to hook and frame for me!

Hoping you all have a beautiful day my friends!


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those robins certainly look as though they are "with egg!" "Elda's Flowers" is beautiful!! Your mom…does she know about it yet? But of course she reads your blog daily! She must be very pleased indeed, Lori...

Kathy B said...

Love those fatty feathered girls!!

Kathy B said...

Love those fatty feathered girls!!

Jane said...

Elda's Flowers and fat robins....sure sighs of Spring!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Your rug is lovely. Ah...robins, love all things robin. When I was a little girl growing up in Virginia, a sure sign that Spring was on the way was when we found broken egg shells in that beautiful robin's egg blue color. We knew that the robins were busy making their homes and raising their young.
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your rug. Background is perfect! Can you show us the uncut wool?
Thanks :)
Lauren

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

REPLY ~ Dear Lauren.... I can show you the wool ❤🤓 Will take a pic and share it on the blog on the morrow......Lori

Susie H said...

Pretty robins, pretty rug, pretty kitty!
Congratulations on winning Humble Quilts little quilt!

denise said...

love the rug!

Winnie said...

Those Robins are so fun! I wish we had them down here for longer than just a few weeks as they remind me of growing up in Virginia. I know they were busy in my yard on numerous days gathering bugs. Here in Florida, they come in big flocks to yards and neighborhoods. It is so much fun to see so many at one time!

Your new rug project turned out really nice. Any your kitkat looks so precious checking it out! Such a sweet face. Have a great Saturday coming up at the Virginia Rugfest. I look forward to hearing how the event goes and what you see and do.

acorn hollow said...

We have robins but sadly they have to get through the snow.
Love your rug so wonderful as always.
Cathy

NMK said...

So nice to see Robins !!! Love this rug & colors you used , so pretty !

Rachel said...

Wow, love that rug! Beautiful pattern, and beautifully worked. The shades of blue are beautiful. Sweet little birds too.:)

Saundra said...

Very nice new hooked design. Some of the wool used in the background almost reminds me of what I used in the Nantucket Broom Ride background and for the life of me can't remember the name but it was a Betsy Reed wool.