Saturday, February 25, 2017

~ Still Punch Drunk ~


Three things have been topping my creative-list lately...
painting in watercolors, rug hooking and
punch needle ~

yes, I still design for cross stitchers, and love to do so ~ 
but these old eyes of mine just cannot see those little x's very well anymore ~
thank the stars for my model-stitchers!!!

since I posted yesterday regarding my new book idea,
folks really seem to be eager to see finished projects from it...
so I am punching from sun-up to sun-down till I get them done.

I woke early this morning to finish the one I started yesterday,
I was even up before Iggy ~


I love working here in this quiet old farmhouse in the early morning light... 
near an open window so I can here our farmyard friends waking up.


these warm February temps have me opening up the windows every morning 
to let in the clean fresh air...today is no exception 
:)


I finished my first little project from the new book,
and working on my hubby's Hookinpunch© adjustable gripper frame 
makes punch needle so much easier for me ~
 {{ but I do love my Morgan locking hoops as well! }}


this book will be a labor of love,
one that started in my mind about a year ago ~

and I'm so happy to be finally bringing it to 'life' with my needle and thread.



Today I will in the Farm Shop...
and will begin and hopefully finish the second project...
a companion to my little farmer shown above!
 
If you're in the neighborhood, stop on in for a visit ~ 
bring your needlework in progress and come have a creative day with me!

or if you need any supplies for your
 rug hooking
 {we have tons of wool and patterns, frames hoops and our own rug hooks!}
  punch needle supplies
{we carry Morgan hoops, Ultra Punch needles, Weavers cloth,
 Valdani threads and patterns!} 
as well as cross stitch supplies 
{ hand dyed linens, threads and tons of patterns too!}




Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to stitch early in the morning, Lori. The light streams through my projects room and is the best for working, especially on tiny details, and it is a quiet, peaceful time for me before the rigors of the day begin. Your room is so inviting and personal, as well as peaceful. Your labor really is of love. Have a beautiful day, my friend!

Annelein said...

O, how I wish to pop by.... But unlucky for me, I live thousands and thousands miles away. But when I'm up early and make my stitches I know that in the other side off the world you like early stitches to 😊

NMK said...

Pretty ..... Love your Mr. Farmer & can't wait to see the Mrs !!!! Has been in the 70's here in Western Massachusetts , Unbelievable !!!! Two weeks ago we had 17inches of snow cover !

denise said...

Would have loved to been there!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,, love the look of the punching,,, and early morning sun, wow sounds and looks like spring there! Wow,, we had a week of things melting but last night had snow squalls and now have more snow!! Ih well,,
Look forward to seeing the results of ur new pattern book, ,
Take care, thanks for sharing ,,,,