Monday, February 20, 2017

~ Joan's House Tour - Part 4 ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
... are you ready for this? 

welcome to another edition of Joan & Art's Home Tour
 ~ The Laundry Room ~
 Part 4

if you're not a huge fan of doing laundry, 
you might just become one after seeing this:

Joan & Arthur's home is beautiful all year long, 
but it's in the Spring that we get to see some of their bulb plants blooming in the sunshine.
here's a small daffodil welcoming us inside...  


The Laundry Room is located on the basement-level in their home...
and to get there you must first come down this staircase 
to which Joan has added her magic touch ~
 
Joan has a talent for faux-painting ~ the block wall and stone are not real :)

Once we reach the bottom step....
 hello Laundry Room!


but it's not just a place where Joan does her wash...
it is yet another canvas that she has turned into something wonderful ~
filled with their collections and masterful artwork ~ as well as Art's craftsmanship in renovating!

the floors are not real brick ~ 
they have been transformed once again by Joan's hand, and the all-over stenciling adds such a folky-ness and warmth to an otherwise utilitarian room...

at every turn, you will see beloved treasures like the antique stove 
~ which is used to display vintage items...



tucked into a small cubby to the right of the stove
are just one {of many} things she collects
Drying Racks! 
she cannot leave one behind on her travels if she finds one {two, three, four...}


standing racks, folding racks, umbrella-type racks...
yep, she's got 'em..




Moving around the room to the left of the stove,  
Joan has set up an old tub washer...


and a beautiful green wringer washer!
 {with more drying racks of course}


Joan's love for detail and display are evident ~
as well as her talent for making things a little more beautiful,
 like the 'Pantry' door she painted on the fuse-box cover...
{and that stenciling!}


 Collections of antique wash-day toys are everywhere in this sweet room...
nodding towards the days when little girls were happy to play with things like toy washers, 
irons & ironing boards
 and miniature clothespin & line sets.



a collection of crocheted pot holders acts as a cheerful swagged valance  
for a ground-level window...
the window itself was hand-painted by Joan to brighten it up even more :)


there are water sprinklers everywhere, like the red rubber and the lady-shaped ones below:
{used to sprinkle water on your clothes to iron the wrinkles out} 


the shelf above holds boxes and containers from days-gone-by ~
soap flakes, starch & powders...as well as wash pails, sock and glove stretchers 
 ~ and a sweet 'mammy' clothespin bag



On the opposite side of the room, is her washer & dryer...
but I swear they seem to disappear due to all of the other lovelies around the room!
 above the washer/dryer is yet another shelf... with even more sprinklers!


 and old farmhouse sink, a painted cabinet....
just more goodness :)


more of Joan's handwork in the painted flowers 
on this cabinet above the sink ~ 


...and on a canvas floorcloth :
 

 a closer look at what is on the shelf above:
more toy washers, tiny red irons....


and of course, more sprinklers!
{{ the round red objects are portable/retractable clothes lines }}
 

It never ceases to amaze me,
the way my friend has with collecting and decorating ~
Joan brings so much happiness and fun to the world...
I'm blessed to have her in my life.


I hope you enjoyed this part of Joan & Art's Home Tour ~
as I have mentioned before, you ain't seen nothing yet!
 {we still have her kitchen, bathrooms, and the ever-elusive Sewing Room to share!}
 
Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

31 comments:

Cheryl R said...

So much goodness. Thank you for these wonderful tours of Joans house.

Mary said...

What an amazing laundry room, I would be happily spending time there waiting for my laundry.

Charlotte said...


WOW! I don't think I can find enough adjectives to describe it. I love all the vintage items - what great collections. Thanks for sharing. Will be patiently waiting for the next tour.

Charlotte

Jimmie said...

Hi Lori,

My goodness, this is the cheeriest laundry room I've ever seen. Who could mind doing laundry in a room like this! Thanks ever so much for sharing all your friend's rooms. I can't wait for the next one and I'm especially looking forward to the Sewing Room.

By the way, my mother always used an old heavy glass Pepsi bottle - probably close to a two liter size - to sprinkle the clothes. She had put a "stopper with holes" in it and I loved the glug, glug sound it made. Wonder how many folks sprinkle - or even iron, for that matter - their things these days?

Have a great day.

Diane in North Carolina

The Eveningstitcher said...

Can Joan come to my house to play?? I love her collections! I've never seen water sprinklers like that! Everything is so wonderfully displayed! Gives a new meaning to "I have to do the laundry"!!

Jan Hebert said...

Oh, my goodness! Joan is so talented! So much inspiration. Can I come hang out with her for a few days?

Annelein said...

What a wonderful room... love the painting....

Connie said...

What an awesome display of her collections and the artistic touches she did to make the room what it is are out of this world special. As soon as I saw the first photo I was taken back to the "1940s Room" I once had in the basement of a former home I owned. My room had a kitchen display of period things something like this room of your friend's. Very cool and I'm glad I got to see your post. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lori, please pass this along to your dear friend Joan: Wow, Joan! You have created a beautiful and fascinating room…and a laundry room, no less! I love your collections that are displayed with such care and which evoke the past at every glance. Thank you for sharing one of your spaces with us! Can't wait to see more!

Have a marvelous day, everyone!

Silent Stitches said...

There are not enough words in the universe to describe how fabulous Joan's laundry room is! Thank you for sharing it with us!!! ~C

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
WHERE TO START???? Joan's laundry room is so amazing and I am in awe of her many collections!!! From going down the basement steps to the very last photo, it was a real treat for the eyes and such an inspiration!! My most favorite thing though would have to be that incredible triple dryer!! Be Still My Heart!!!!!
Please tell Joan how much I enjoyed her home and a big THANKS to you for the wonderful pictures!! You two make a great team!!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love those darling little red irons! Joan is quite the "faux" artist...those bricks are wonderful! So much to see! What a fun place to do laundry!

Robyn

Will a stitch said...

WOW!!!!

Sandra said...

Your Joan is just amazing! What an inspiration she is!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joan's house is simply amazing! Love all her faux finishes and her collections are to die for! I remember sprinkling clothes but not with the cool sprinklers Joan has.
Looking forward to more. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love everything!

Susie H said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!

NMK said...

Oh my gosh Joan's laundry room is just Wonderful !!! The sprinkler little woman are adorable ! Never saw those before & her laundry line holders were wicked cool too ! So many neat pieces & displayed beautifully !!! That was so much fun to see !!!Her faux painting was awesome too , her basement floor looked beautiful !!!! Can't wait to see more !!!!

janie said...

Thanks for sharing!!! So many cute things to enjoy.

Have a good day, Janie

Kelly said...

Wow! Your friend Joan definitely has a gift for collecting and decorating! Can't wait for the next part of the tour!

Suzanne said...

WOW! I always get excited when we get to go to Joans house. It never disappoints!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer M said...

Wonderful, everything, wow:) Brings smiles to my face for certain. Lori I have been wondering when you would share more of Joan's home. I look forward to much more. Joan, a special thank you for sharing, and I am blown away at your painting of brick and stone walls and floor! Thanks to both you deary's<3

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,, thank you so much for showing us more of joans home!!♥♥
Its beautiful, wonderful collectibles, ,, wow,,, always lookforwzrd to these,,,, thanks so much,, to you both,,,, have to look all over agajn now,, might have missed something,,,,

Winnie said...

Oh my, WOW!! thank- you for sharing Joan's magnificent laundry room! She has created a masterpiece in her basement. And what a fantastic collection of vintage items she has gathered together here as well. Every photo is full of such fantastic details too. I keep looking at each photo over and over so not to miss anything. Thank-you for sharing and thank-you Joan and Art for sharing your beautiful home!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lori. I always enjoy your blog with lots of words telling about you and your Life. And tell miss JOAN about her wonderful home. I love,love Everything.Moving to an apartment with just a small Place for storage I had to get rid of so much I loved.I think I have a sprinkle somewhere but we all probably use steam when ironing.Louise D in Sweden

Noorsam said...

This is nice post thanks sir laundry delivery services

Hello Laundry said...

amazing article thanks sir
laundry london

Mughees ur Rehman said...

covid19
This dark hole to belong to the family of coronavirus for the crown covid-19 by Rolling faction attacks. Primarily your throat and lump actually happens in your body when you can track the Coronavirus. What exactly causes your body to develop pneumonia?

topi edge said...

Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Satta Matka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.