Monday, January 16, 2017

~ Ch Ch Changes ~

It's here!
my big shiny new glass & chrome work-station/desk  ~ 

I feel like I'm on the Starship Enterprise 
as I sit in front of it!


 nope,
 it's not 'primitive' ~ but it is practical.




yes, it's huge ~ 
but it actually yakes up less space
 than all of my other smaller tables that I've been working on!

serious re-arranging going on in this room at the moment,
and since I am beginning to feel better after a week-long bout of a bad cold ~
this will be a much-needed, slow-going activity for me as I clean and organize.

more photos to come of the changes being made :)



since getting sick a week ago,
I've not had much energy to do a whole bunch of stuff ~ 
and boy do I still feel wiped out after I even walk across the room,
so progress on my 1 Year of Stitches project has been delayed a bit.
But, I did manage to add a small hand...
~ along with an even smaller teapot, teacup & teabag!
{reminders of what has been soothing me while recuperating}




I'm hoping to accomplish a lot more this coming week,
and am anxious to release our new designs & folk art-y things for the new year!

I'll leave you with another poignant quote from MLK:
"We may have all come on different ships...
but we're in the same boat now."

 love one another, 
be nice to yourself and one another.

Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful desk…beautiful quote…a beautiful life!

Jacqueline said...

Glad to read that you are starting to feel better.

Susie H said...

Love the quote! Hope everyone takes this to heart! Bless you!

Laurie said...

I'm enjoying the MLK quotes, as well as the sharings of your creative space. In fact, I believe it was your chair by the window that got me pondering a chair for mine. Today I worked on a rug I began more than 12 years ago... my first hooked rug. I'm not too far from finishing, the hooking part at least. I think this chair will be a really good thing, so thanks for the inspiration!

Saundra said...

Wow, it does make the room look more spacious and bet it is more efficient for you. And another benefit is you have lots of 'light box' space for large projects, lol.

The Eveningstitcher said...

You will LOVE your new work space, Lori!! That's a really cool quote from Mr. King..such a wonderful man! Glad you are feeling better!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,, your space does look bigger!! More inspiraion!! Feel better soon,,,
Take care,,,,