Saturday, August 27, 2016

~ Harvesting Wool ~


Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
it's the last Saturday in August…can you believe it?

I am having trouble wrapping my pea-brain around the thought 
that our 8th annual Gathering of Primitive Friends Show will be here in 3 short weeks!
and as so, I am working sun up 'til sun down {and then some} on finished goods for the farm shop ~

Yesterday 
I hooked up some Indian Corn ~
loving the nubby texture of these, and how wonky they are…
they look just like real corn!


… here are some set amongst my dried gourds on our dining room table ~




and here are a few more
~ displayed on a white cupboard…




these are so simple & fun to make too ~



I'll have some finished cobs for sale at the show, but if you'd like to hook your own
you can purchase the pattern from Patternmart ~ 
the pattern designer of the corn is
BeFruitful Kreations
but be forewarned: 
once you hook one, you'll want to hook tons of them!


Hooked Indian Corn Pattern is available from BeFruitful Kreations
via Pattern Mart or CLICK HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the other day on my Facebook Group: 'the Out of Hand Rug Hookers'
I asked these questions: 
"what does everyone do with their cut wool strips after they've finished a rug? 
do you store the strips by color? by color-story?"
and got a lot of fun & helpful answers.

{here's the link to my FB group if you'd like to join}

CLICK HERE TO JOIN GROUP
and
to answer my own question and 'sheepishly' {pun-intended} 
share with you how MY wool strips are stored, 
here ya go...



thrown into a big basket!!
ha!




and it's ok, not only does my basket look beautiful wherever it is,
I love to dig in there for the perfect color strip ~ 
one of the group members' said she likes to do the same...
and likened it to 'digging for worms in the dirt" 
~ lol I agree ;)




the only problem I have with this is that each wool-worm I put in the basket
somehow multiplies into 3 or 4 ~ 
now how can that be? 
*wink wink*




Well friends,
 Peter & I are heading down the dusty road to go into town today.
My hook & linen and that worm basket will just have to wait until my return ~

Hoping you all enjoy this last weekend of August 2016!
it's been SO HOT that I'm not sad to see it go ~


 ~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Indian Wool Corn! It's brilliant! Although I haven't hooked in awhile, I may have to give that one a go. Those would so make a sweet gift for a friend. Have fun today, you two!

Winnie said...

I think that Wool Indian Corn is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! They look just perfect hanging on your old door too!! Lucky people who get to purchase some at your upcoming show.

Unknown said...

Love the corn--will have to give that a try!

VLPDevore said...

Fell in love with your Indian corn!! and was going to ask where I could get pattern and you've already done that. Headed to pattern mart now. By the way -- You know those very large bags a large comforter comes in -- I have one full of worms!! Thanks so much for all you do and share and so glad you're feeling better.

The Eveningstitcher said...

I'm happy to see this hot weather go also....not a fan!! Love your corn...I'm heading to patternmart right now....thank you for sharing not only your own designs but being kind to share others too....I love your room!!

acorn hollow said...

the weather has been very hot for New England. I love fall but I am not looking forward to the winter if it is a long one.
Cathy

elaine allerton said...

Love the corn,,,, very fall like,,,, hot here,,, not as hot as you,,,, but feel some fall ckming,,, chickadees are back,,, fall mums are out,,,,, love fall ,, but not winter as much,,, but good weather to hook in!! Love ur basket of worms, too,,,, I have baskets as well as hanging on the door in shoe holders,,,, love my wool worms,,,,
Take care,,,,

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love your corn - great displays all around!

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Lori love the look of the Indian Corn... Your floppy husks love that look... I wanted to thank you for sharing where your rug hooking friends could purchase my pattern

Lana Manis said...

Love the Indian corn, Lori! Seeing yours hanging on the cupboard door makes me long for fall even more! :)