Tuesday, June 28, 2016

~ Sturbridge Class ~

Hello Friends & Folk!
First please let me thank those who have asked about our welfare concerning recent flooding…we are located in Virginia, and are safe here at the farm.
but, please keep our neighbors & friends in West Virginia in your thoughts and prayers while they begin recovering from the horrendous tragedies they're facing.
PLEASE offer donations to local charities there, for not only people in need, 
but now dis-placed & homeless animals that are pouring into shelters there….
~ my heart just breaks for all of them ~

What a whirlwind trip we had to Sturbridge MA ~
we left last thursday in the rain,
and returned last night in the rain….

in between that, we had beautiful weather up north in CT & MA!

We first arrived at Ye Country Mercantile and oh my stars let me tell you…
if you haven't had the chance to visit Doreen Piechota's warm primitive shop,
 you have been missing out on something wonderful ~

I took hundreds of photos of her beautifully appointed primitive shop, but these are the best ~ 
so you'll just have to visit for yourself ;)

we shopped in her loverly wool & pattern room and came home with lots of goodies…






Here is Joan, {hi Joan!}
standing at-the-ready before our class on Saturday morning…


last minute preparations…


my trunk show of models on display…


happy students/shoppers :)


threading the needle…Doreen is to my right


smiles all around!



… we laughed and chatted and punched and ate!
Doreen provided us with a super spread of goodies to keep our energy levels up ~




as I always say, 
'busy hands, happy hearts'




within a short while
the girls were punching away happily on their new path of primitive dimensional punch needle!
yay!



look! 
a happy puncher!



working hard at their new-found passion…
such a wonderful group!
I couldn't have asked for more patient & kind folks to teach…




we always have a few troublemakers {all in fun!!} in a class…
and this one was no exception!

I always tell my students to be aware of where their ball of Valdani threads is 
so they don't put any drag on it…
and most folks keep their ball in one of our glass farmhouse ball jars, 
{{or at the least on the table…}}
not this one!
she somehow ended up with hers…well…
take a closer look!




 I'm blessed to get to meet friends in my travels, and love having the opportunity to teach you something I'm passionate about….
My thanks to Doreen for inviting me to your absolutely beautiful shop!
to my 'students' for allowing me to behave badly
um...humbly show you how I do things ~ and accepting me as I am ;)
and to Joan for her most-welcomed help & friendship

On another note:
since I was not here over the weekend, 
orders received then will be shipped out tomorrow as I am processing them today.

I have had a couple of folks contact me to say they haven't received or have received theirs but slowly, their orders from last week…I assure you they shipped, but don't know if the recent weather in parts of our nation have possibly caused a delay. 
SO, please be patient, if your order seems super-late, please let me know & we will do our best to replace/reship and make you happy!



~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

7 comments:

Flannel Jammies Farm said...

That's my girl, Lanette, keeping it real and keeping it functional! Would have loved to have been there with you both!!!

Vicki Jo said...

Thanks for this lovely summary of a beautiful, fun day! Thank you for coming north to teach this class. It was just a dream come true. I am looking forward to finishing the "Sturbridge Peony"! I'll share a photo of it someday in your FB group.

elaine allerton said...

What a lovely shop,,,, beautiful room for ur fun class,,,,,, great weekend,,, thanks for the pics, lori,,,,

Anonymous said...

First chance to respond today…Wow. What a great workshop in a great workshop! Smiles all around, and well, I must say I love all of those chandeliers!!!! Welcome back, Lori...

NMK said...

So happy to finally meet you , learning to punch was great . Seeing your finished pieces in person was a real treat too ! If anyone ever thinks about taking a class , Do It , it was just a very special day !!!! I Loved It ! Thank you so much Lori , Miss Joan & Doreen !

Anonymous said...

Had so much fun, thank you Lori! Loved meeting Joan and seeing Doreen's shop - it's amazing. Will definitely go again. I loved seeing your samples too, so different than a picture. To see how you finished each one - so much inspiration. I've almost finished my Sturbridge Peony and look forward to mounting it on my little paddle. It was a great class. I hope you come to MA again very soon.

woollabeast said...

Oh Lori, I'm the slowest (photo cropper & uploader)...but glad you had these great photos to post of our FUN class, I apologize & will get mine to you this week! I {{finished}} my Sturbridge Peony & just LOVE it! Now to get it mounted to the paddle board next & share a photo with you. It was a wonderful group of ladies, a beautiful day...in a wonderful setting with a gracious hostess (Doreen Piechota)! Thanks so much for coming up north our way to teach...thrilled to finally meet you! And agreed...to see your samples (in person) was the "cherry on top"! Joan is a special lady, happy to meet her too! Do come back & teach again! ~~Diane