Sunday, February 07, 2016

~ Show Photos ~


Hello Friends & Folk!

What a wonderful time we had at the show yesterday :)
our thanks to all who came out & stopped by & shopped in our booth 
~ always good to see you & so many smiling faces!

here are a few snaps of the show:
enjoy!

Notforgotten Farm's booth

beautiful quilts

love that blue iron bed

blown eggs in basket

love everything in this booth!

Mr. Millstone {a.k.a. Lee Harrison} in their beautiful booth

hand carved folk art birds

tramp art 

kitchen cupboard in Southern Star's booth

white cupboard


that rocker!

trunk with vintage wallpaper lining 


that dry sink!


beautiful plant stand
gonna get me one or have Peter make one for us ;)


these two stole my heart ~ they looked as if they were watching all of us milling around...

and this crazy quilt ~ holy moly


I looked at it probably 20 times
and each time I found something else that appeared in the makers' work


like the little embroidered bird, ribbons and dresden cherub head


the butterfly pen wipe that was appliquéd on, and the ivy vine...


hand drawn motifs of flying birds, more specialty stitches than I will ever know
 and some colors of cloth I had never seen before :)


the little dog that was penned in ink, and to the below/right of him
a trio of embroidered owls sitting on a branch…
oh my stars.


and my favorite,
this little cat that was painted onto a scrap of red satin.

We loved seeing old friends and meeting new ~
and we loved seeing all of your dogs too!
{got lots & lots of wet-nosed kisses}

Hoping you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday,
… my chores need to be done and I need a little rest
before I begin working on more of my little magpies ;)


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

10 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Glad you had a good time. I am a lover of crazy quilts, too. Used to dabble some...nothing like this example! Do you know about Crazy Quilt Divas on Facebook? See some great embroidery there sometimes. Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day indeed…must admit I really fell for those woven coverlets...

Unknown said...

hi Lori!

Glad you had a good time at your show...pictures are great
Relax and enjoy the day!

Look forward to seeing more magpies!

Martha

kelley said...

wonderful goods...that quilt behind "Mr Millstone" is drool worthy...

Krissy B. said...

Wow, we have NOTHING like this in Minnesota! The rugs, quilts, child's chairs, and that blue painted willow rocker!!! Did you buy anything? Hope you did well. Krissy B.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Such a treat. Thanks so much for taking time to bring those of us far away feel right there. I need a big farmhouse!!! That purple rug got me.

Unknown said...

Eye candy for sure! Wish I could have been there in person--thanks for sharing!
Love everything you showed, but the quilt is fantastic!

Cheryl R said...

oh my..that crazy quilt. Is the maker living? I wonder if it was a life long embroidery project.
Just in awe of it.

Cheryl R said...

oh my..that crazy quilt. Is the maker living? I wonder if it was a life long embroidery project.
Just in awe of it.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Looks like a fun show! Lots of wonderful things to behold. Thanks for sharing, Lori! Hugs, Lori