Monday, July 27, 2015

oh monday......


Getting any sleep at all while in the hospital is like trying to nail Jello to a tree.
no, even harder than that....ever try to herd cats?

Nurse: "Wake up Mrs. Brechlin, time to take your sleeping pill".
Groggy Me: "Whaaaaa...?"
Nurse: "and here is a 5 gallon bottle of refreshing Contrast to start your day!"
Not-so groggy-now Me: "oh, why thank you."
Nurse: "Do you mind if I blind you by flipping this switch and turning on every imaginable light source in your room even thought it is pitch black out & you were sleeping soundly for once? hmmmm?"
Beginning to get Irritated Me: "Of course not, I love being woken up feeling like I'm under interrogation ~ you go right ahead..."
Nurse: "Oh Mrs. Brechlin, you are so funny!"
Defeated Me: "I'll be here all week...."

And so was this morning's monologue at approx 5:00 {with some liberties taken of course for your sheer amusement, but mostly accurate}
I will be going to have my CT scan this morning. yay. 
fingers, toes, & eyeballs crossed that we will find me able to leave the comforts of my confine-of-late and head to my beloved farmhouse. 

I will try to post an update for you later, Hoping you all have a beautiful monday!
xoxoxoxoxox

here's a snap of Iggy to make us all smile:



~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

24 comments:

Susan said...

Your sense of humor will get you though. Lol Many healing blessings.

HomeSpunPrims said...

I'm thinking of you Lori and hoping for the best possible outcome for you! Hopefully you are back in your farmhouse today. Take care. Big healing hugs, Lori

HomeSpunPrims said...

P.S. You really are funny! Tee hee

The Eveningstitcher said...

Saying a prayer that you get out today, Lori..being the hospital is the absolute worst place for trying to get rest...believe I know....I was one of those pesky nurses waking patients up!!

blueladie said...

Sending prayers, Lori. Cathryn

Cathy G. said...

Oh my Lori dear I hope you can out of there and back to your beloved farmhouse and Iggy real soon! Still sending healing prayers and hugs!!!
Cathy G

Jackie said...

You're too funny! Hope you're outta there today!

little arctic flower said...

Sending you lots of well wishes from the UK. X

Silent Stitches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silent Stitches said...

Sending positive vibes your way! Everyone is thinking about you!

KittyAnn said...

Prayers, and blessings for your healing. Hope today goes well. A cat herding reader, Ani in NC

Jacqueline said...

Best wishes

Lizzy said...

Sending thoughts of healing and peace for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori!

I symphasize with you, been there many years ago where I was in the hospital being ex-rayed everyday to see if there were any changes, it was like Groundhog Day! Hopefully you won't be trapped too much longer! Love your snap of Iggy!

Prayers and Hugs,
Martha

Kimberly said...

I hope your back to your beautiful farmhouse soon all snuggle in with your kitty!!! Wishing you the best & home again soon! My Best, Kimberly

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Sending good energy and thoughts your way .....:)

Janet said...

Sending good energy and thoughts your way .....:)

Janet said...

Sending good energy and thoughts your way .....:)

kstehens100 said...

Sending prayer, healing energy and wooley hugs!!!
Kat

Unknown said...

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. I've had my own tummy troubles recently so I feel (literally) your pain.

Barb said...

I know just what you mean. I had pneumonia several years ago and I thought I might die of fatigue if I didn't get out of the hospital!! I sure hope you will be home very soon.

C M Designs said...

The hospital is no place for a good woman like you. Sending thoughts and prayers for you to be back home in no time.
Best wishes,
Charlotte in Manassas

Denise said...

Well, at lease you have sense of humor!
Sending Positive Thoughts Your Way...

Denise