Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New friends, Old Friends & Hooking...

a box arrived by post yesterday ~
(the box I've been waiting for…)

inside were two new little friends,
(from a dear old friend…)

I thought I heard singing from inside the box -
small, faint voices ~ singing something about far-away places and forests…

I hurriedly opened the box and out scurried these two:

'Natty Rat'
&
'Tilda Shrew'


Natty with her water-gourd

 being the bigger of the two,
Natty hopped out first,
even though Tilda was packaged carefully on top of her ~

Natty bounced onto the scrubbed-top table and gave me a wide smile :)
then she reached into the box to help out her little fiend…


sweet little girl ~


"Tilda Shrew"
(below)

Tilda with her tiny nest & egg

 Tilda climbed onto the table and stretched, 
 ~ being in the box was probably cramped and tight
fresh air and sunshine was what they both needed :)


hello Tilda
 These little friends will live happily here now at Notforgotten Farm ~
we are thrilled to have them be a part of the farmhouse 
~ and so very thankful for the talented hands & imagination of Miss Stacey Mead 

in other news, I think I have pulled a muscle in my chest.
seriously! from HOOKING!
I recently purchased some new BURLAP LINEN for the shop, and have been trying it out ~ it hooks like butter, and as you know I've been working on 'things' for the open house `

here are two pockets that I'll be finishing today ~
Tulip & Scissors

Tulip pocket                           Scissors pocket


~ the wool used for the tulip pocket is all as-si from Rebecca Erb,
the wool for the scissors pocket is hand dyed from Mary Henck…


need to choose the backing, lining & strap fabrics now


maybe I'll recycle some old denim jeans…
Hmmm….or an old quilt?


love these colors...


I'll show the finishes to you later on this evening or tomorrow ~


love tulips, have I mentioned that before? LOL

ALMOST finished with that Winter punch needle project for Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine ~ 
May 1st deadline is coming up FAST!

Have a wonderful day my friends! enjoy this weather before the rains come :)


* Blessed be *
 Lori

12 comments:

Tina McFadden said...

They are beautiful Lori, love them. What a great home to come and live in! Tina

TeresaM said...

So sweet!!!!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Oh Lori, Your creations make me smile every time....Your hands are always in motion...Smiles my friend.
~Nan

Kim said...

Love your new friends :) I finished my Early Bird pattern and LOVE IT.
Kim

lms said...

love them both....and the colors in your scissors one are just delightful....I love that....cant wait to see them done....your new friends look right at home too....lucky you...

donna said...

All are gorgeous and your new friends are spectacular! Congratulations

Nancy Bauer said...

What wonderful new friends you have Lori, love them! Can't wait to see what you have put together for the Open House, you are teasing us with too many fabulous things!

Unknown said...

lori<

Love the rugsand your new "little friends". Hope your pulled muscle will mend. Can't wait to see how you use the old jeans!

Blessings,
Martha

must love junk said...

Natty and Tilda are precious! :)
Susan

Kim said...

Love your new friends!!! Love the colors on your scissor pocket!
Kim

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such Beautiful creatures Staccy made for you!
Lovely hookin' too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Three Sheep Studio said...

"Be still my heart"...these creatures are fabulous !
Love the detials on your two new friends ;)
Rose