Sunday, December 01, 2013

The first of December ~

...a chilly start to the first day of December ~
frost sparkled on the ground this morning,
~ making everything look dusted & glittered.

December is a favorite month of mine...
I love the Winter months best.
~ there is something about the stillness,
the quietness that comes from cold weather ~ 
...everything seems more intense...
the colors seem sharper and the scents seem stronger, 
imprinting us with lasting Holiday memories.

Here are a few snaps for you
of my surroundings this cold December morning...
enjoy your day my Friends!


~ :: Buddy wears his Winter coat :: ~


~ antique apothecary jars filled with trims & mica ~


 ~:: my beautiful nandina berries ::~


 ~ Pinocchio and Daisy having their breakfast hay ~


our faithful Friend keeping watch while old man Lazy sleeps in the sun ~

~ basket of cheer hangs outside near the farmhouse front door ~
 ~ feather-tree silhouette ~

old pewter, poinsettia & tiny lights

* Blessed be *
 Lori

9 comments:

Tina McFadden said...

Love the pictures Lori. I also love the winter season, more time to stitch. In the spring and summer I have to spend more of my time in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures! Buddy... what a big honey bear!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lori, I to love December, such a peacefulness to the month In spite of the busy holiday time.....Your animals and pictures are beautiful as always, such a joy to visit you on your blog, Blessings Francine.

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Ohh Buddy . . . may I borrow your coat? It looks toasty! But then again . . . I wouldn't want you to get chilly! ;-)

L

Jane said...

LOVE seeing my buddy, Buddy, and the other lovely pictures of Notforgotten Farm. It IS a beautiful start to December. I just might have to crank up the Carols and start stitchin' on a special stocking for the new baby in the family.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great pictures Lori! I love them all. I love winter too. Nothing better than snuggling up and working on a quilt or hooked rug in a warm cozy house. Have a most wonderful December day. Hugs, Lori

jennifer768 said...

Love seeing the pictures of your animal friends! Cold days make for wonderful creative times...enjoy.Christmas Blessings,Jen

teri said...

I, too, love winter. Time to stitch. Your Buddy is precious, he looks like our Annie. We miss her.