Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Musings ~

Today is cousin Charlie's 83rd birthday!
(those of you who follow my blog 
will remember that cousin Charlie had a very bad health crisis in September)
well, he is so much better ~ thanks in part to the well-wishes and prayers from family & friends, 
...no doubt.
and to the superb care he received at Lynchburg General Hospital and Lovingston Health Care.
During that time when he was hospitalized, I was stressed for sure, worrying about him constantly ~
but I failed to mention just how calm Charlie was during it all...he is surely a trooper!

I also failed to mention that Charlie has won numerous citations & awards for volunteering over 10,000 hours of his time at Lynchburg General, back when he was a little younger....now THAT is to be commended.

Charlie will be visiting with us today,
I am making his requested corned beef & cabbage dinner, 
...followed by his requested carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting.

I did a little more simple Christmas decorating to welcome him ~

little tree in a wooden measure greets you at the back door in our breakfast nook ~

tiny tinsel-tree on the drysink in our dining room

I like to mix it up, so yeah, a vintage-looking tinsel tree shares space with my antique pewter ~
this tree is decorated to honor our Sheep friends :)

an old faded photograph shows a boy & girl with their beloved sheep
(sorry about the blur)
 After supper, Charlie & I will sit and talk a little...
I will pick up my stitching, and he will help my by organizing my threads.
He loves to help and I welcome that from him...

I finished & framed the last freehand sampler I shared with you ~
This will be offered this evening on EBAY for your bidding pleasure...


'December 25' sampler

~ simple handwork for the Holiday ~
The other little freehand sampler is ending this evening too,
my thanks to the bidders & best luck to you :)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

* Blessed be * 
Lori

21 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, Happy Birthday to Charlie, yay!!!!!! Your cozy home looks very inviting with Christmas goodies.......Supper sounds so yummy, enjoy the wonderful day, Blessings Francine.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Happy birthday blessings to cousin Charlie on his 83rd birthday! How sweet, Lori, that he loves to help you organize your threads while you stitch. Love the pics of your decorating. Your newest offering is wonderful! I started stitching your Mary Snow. Love it too! Hugs, Lori

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Birthday hugs for Charlie.
I loved all of your photos-really love the sheep hooked wall piece-
Kathy

Jennifer said...

Birthday Greetings to Charlie....same age as my dad! Hope you enjoy your day.

I'm just loving that goat 'sculpture'/metalwork piece pictured on your wall. Tell me more......

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Jennifer, that is a very early goat weathervane that was gifted to me by a long-ago friend ~ her name was Priscilla and she has been gone now for about 15 yrs or so ~ she was a beautiful, caring lady & I miss her...the weathervane hails from the late 1800's and set high up on a barn in Old Saybrook CT, where she once lived ~ I don't have the heart to put it outside as I want to see it everyday in remembrance of her.

L

backporchcarver said...

Love the warmth of your home.I can picture cousin Charlie, organizing your threads while you stitch and I can almost hear the murmer of your voices, you have a great way of describing things.Thanks for sharing.Also love the goat and the Rufus Porter look of that wall.

Karen said...

Your home looks so inviting. I love your Sheep rug. Is that one of your patterns?

Anonymous said...

The happiest of birthday wishes to Charlie. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing better, and that he has such dear friends to celebrate with. Love is the best gift.

Lori, your decorating is so lovely and inspiring, and your photographs have been particularly so lately. Thank you for all that you share.

Karen said...

Love your Sheep Rug. Is that one of your patterns?

Unknown said...

Hi lori!

Happy birthday to Charlie!

Just love the way you age your sampler with a patched hole...so antique looking!

annie said...

Well done Charlie!
Happy Birthday!
Love the farm photos!
The sampler is beautiful!

linda said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! You are all so blessed to be "family" and friends. Such love and caring. Thank you for sharing your home and yourself.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Karen ~
that sheep rug is one of my designs, but not a pattern available at the moment ;)
L

Saundra said...

I'm so very happy to read that Charlie is better and celebrating another wonderful birthday with family. I'm sure he will be quite content after the great meal and celebrating with family. You're a good woman Lori.

Saundra

prims by olde lady morgan said...

So glad to hear Charlie is doing so much better! Have a wonderful day! OLM

Barb said...

A very happy birthday to Charlie! Enjoy the evening with him.

Raymond Homestead said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! Enjoy your visit!

woollylottrugs said...

A very happy birthday to Charlie. So glad he's doing so well. So sweet of him to help you with your threads. The best things in life are free....

hugs
cyndi

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! He sounds like a wonderful person. All your pictures are great!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy, happy birthday to Charlie!
Wonderful sampler.
Hugs :)
Lauren

muhammad asim said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com