I headed outside to the log pile this morning, to take the chill out of the farmhouse...
whilst I was out there,
whilst I was out there,
"someone" saw me and wanted my attention....
I thought I heard one of our 'big boy' roosters crow,
...and since we're so used to them, I paid little attention.
...and since we're so used to them, I paid little attention.
but then, I realized I was hearing a different crow ~ one that was a little shaky and unsure...
one that my keen ears weren't used to hearing.
| Toby born (hatched) 10/01/12 |
I put the wood down, and grabbed my camera.
I walked closer to the barn, and sure enough ~ my little Toby was crowing his heart out!!
I walked closer to the barn, and sure enough ~ my little Toby was crowing his heart out!!
| being rewarded with cracked corn ~ |
I'm such a proud chicken-mama....
I immediately called Peter to tell him ~ you know what P said?
I immediately called Peter to tell him ~ you know what P said?
"oh yeah...I thought I heard him yesterday..."
WHAT???????
(and you didn't tell me?)
LOL
LOL
| our handsome boy-bird. |
Time Flies.
children grow.
chickens grow faster....
see his neck?
he's sprouting his hackle feathers ~
he also has an amazing rainbow of colors in that seemingly-black coat of his...
blues, purples, greens ~ browns, rusts & blacks.
children grow.
chickens grow faster....
see his neck?
he's sprouting his hackle feathers ~
he also has an amazing rainbow of colors in that seemingly-black coat of his...
blues, purples, greens ~ browns, rusts & blacks.
| ...his comb & wattles are coming along nicely, too. |
Toby stays seperate from the other chicken-folk ~ since he was more 'hand-raised' than the others,
they haven't accepted him as a chicken...
I don't think he knows he's a chicken-boy either....
as a matter of fact, when he crow'd rather loudly this morning,
he jumped back like he startled himself!!
(I had to laugh)
they haven't accepted him as a chicken...
I don't think he knows he's a chicken-boy either....
as a matter of fact, when he crow'd rather loudly this morning,
he jumped back like he startled himself!!
(I had to laugh)
| scratch scratch peck peck |
I hope your day is full of wonderful surprises too!!!
Lori from
Notforgotten Farm