~ WELCOME FRIENDS & FOLK ~

Our humble little
Needlework Shop
is located at
3530 Tye River Road
Amherst, VA 24521
ph. 434-263-6508
email ~ Notforgottenfarmwitch@gmail.com

Our Regular SHOP HOURS are:
Saturdays Only 10:00 ~ 4:00

{weather permitting or I am away at a show/class}

*



~ Please visit our ETSY Shop for our unique patterns, supplies and wooden items
specifically designed for rug hooking, punch needle, applique, embroidery and cross stitch ~

the photos below are just a few examples of what we offer in our Etsy shop ~ kindly click on any photo below to visit and see more ~


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Postings ~

Aside from being shaken out of bed at 1:00 this morning from a 4.5 aftershock,
& getting ready for hurricane Irene,

I've been doing this:


Scherenschnitte ~otherwise-known-as~
Pennsylvania German Papercutting...


here is my little
Whistling Witch 5" x 7"


and my little Sweeping Witch also 5" x 7"

I'll be painting frames for these
and putting them in my Etsy shop ~
I am in the process of making larger ones too...
I'll share them in a later post.

and here is that little cross stitch I'm working on for the
Early Work Mercantile ~


a little wonky, but that's how I like 'em :)


I just started stitching, no chart,
~ so that's why the border doesn't match-up


it will be a pinkeep, & I'll trim it with the black ric-rac
& buttons and fill it with spices and sawdust ~

oh, & yeah ~
I know....
I love to change my blog.
it makes me happy to play with it ~
so, for now,
it's for the birds!

Hoping you all have a *Sparkling* late-Summer's day!


Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

9 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Wicked KEWL Lori! :)

Carol said...

Lori

There are amazing! you are very talented.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your papre cuttings are very cool!

Wow I wish I could just pick up needle, thread and fabric and just GO like that! Wonderful job!

cucki said...

wow..they are so lovely..xx

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lori....I can't imagine an earthquake on this side of the country...but there have been a lot of things going on this past year that are very 'not normal' - seems times are changing.

Hope you will be safe and dry and not get touched by the hurricane.

Love your stitchery - wonky is good!!! But it doesn't look like it to me...it's perfect.
Karen

frontporchprims said...

I love the silhouettes. They are really neat. It's neat that you cut paper like that. What a talent. -Steph-

Constance said...

I love your papercutting. Lori, is there anything you don't do???

TheCrankyCrow said...

Witchy cool my dear friend....love your Scherenschnitte.....it seems to be a dying art...Love what you're doing...and I love wonky. Hope you are safe and well....Sending up prayers....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mindi said...

Adorable little piece of stitching, I can't wait to see how you finish it.

I'm glad everything was ok after the quake, when I heard about it, first thing that went through my mind was the dam at Smith Mountain Lake. Stay safe and hopefully as dry as possible from Irene.