Wednesday, August 31, 2011

LoOk!!!

can you believe I actually HOOKED something??

wowzers...

been forever.

BUT

sometimes the urge to pull fat wool strips through soft-as-butter linen
overcomes me and i

Just. Have. To.


SO
here you have it ~
a Scared Jack Chairpad.


available HERE NOW.
and ya know? I may just need to
get a few more hooked things out of my system!!



along with hooking, (and making some dolls)
we are actually in the throes (once again) of haying the fields...
this means, 2 days worth of sneezing, itching, scratchy throats, eyes & skin ~
sore muscles, and help from dear friends...
SO ~
with that said,
I will now go bring the water jug out to Peter,
who is out there rowing the hay for this afternoon's bailing...
hoping you all have a wonderful day!!!

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

8 comments:

from me to thee......... said...

oh my Lori, that is an awesome piece...I read you hand cut the wool, I think that is what gives the strips such a primitive, early look, love that.... I haven't hooked in a while, need to get back to it.

Jane said...

It seems I always have that urge to pull wool thru' fabric. I'm hooking like crazy for your show and the Sorghum Festival. Your pumpkin is adorable!!
If you take a picture of your haying operation, I just might hook it!
Don't work TOO hard!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the jack mat.Looks like I was to late he found a home..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Simply Shelley said...

It is wonderful and so festive...blessings

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your Jack pad, Lori....Guess I better find where I laid down my hook and get to getting on some of my projects. Awww....making hay....love, love, that smell....Hope all goes smoothly! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

jennifer768 said...

Love the hooked piece!Enjoy the haying.Hugs,Jen

Crosby Kenyon said...

Haying as autumn approaches...creating things you love and good at it, too. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Love the chairpad and all the photos in your other posts as well. Awesome blog. Glad I found you.
Louise-SlaveToMyNeedles