Saturday, June 11, 2011

my herb garden....and Iggy Meister

Howdy Folks!

let me first say that Iggy Meister
...is adjusting well here at Notforgotten Farm
he knows that he can get anything he wants
by turning on his little motor
and head-butting me, pete, hannah or...yes, even suzy!!!
(she has 'allowed' him into her very small circle-of-friends)


isn't he handsome?


it's been so hot, that during the day we have been working indoors
trying to catch up on what needs done, like laundry, floors and curtains...
and playing kitten-games, of course...


in the very early mornings or late evenings

you will find me outside in the herb garden ~

yes, it has grown wild, free and with abandon ~
( like me!)


the fence is only there to keep the dogs out, not the garden in...
as you can see how it creeps out hither & yon between pickets~



...the scarlet bee balm is 4' feet tall and gorgeous...
so many little humming birds & humming bird moths visit daily!




here's the lavender, lemon verbena and peanut bush ~
along with what will be a super huge mum again this autumn...



brown eyed susans, lillies, mint & yarrow
take over this corner of the garden...




and volunteer sweet annie is EVERYWHERE ~
please pardon the 'weeds' ~ i can only pull them when it's cool out.




...this is catnip ~ and you can only guess what happens
when I tuck a little into my pocket & bring it into the farmhouse !

next to it, in the bottomless galvanized tub, is my tansy that has seen better days...
(I'll have to dig it up, thin it out & replant for next year)

beyond that, to the left, is my false indigo ~ LOVE it!

I spend alot of time in my garden ~
I talk to my plants
(you know you do to!)
and all of the critters that visit ~

...my little patch of primitive heaven on earth~

wishing you all a beautiful weekend!!!

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

15 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

hi, Lori~ oh, your garden is primitive heaven~ so inspiring~ I can hear the birds & smell all the plants~ bee balm, lavendar~ sweet annie~ the mum is already huge~ Wow!!
Iggy is just the cutest little guy~ give him kitty kisses for me!!!
smiles
Teresa

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderfully inspiring garden, Lori! Thanks so much for the tour!! That scarlet bee balm is incredible!! And, my, what big mums you grow!!! :o) Can't wait to see that in its fall glory! Glad to hear that Iggy charmed his furry way into Suzy's good graces....or should I say "better" graces?! He's a sweetie pie!! Have a wonderful primitive weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

The Barn Door said...

Love your garden and Iggy is adorable!

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Iggy is just to die for and I can smell your fragrant garden from here. Ssnniifffffff! Ahhhh - especially love the smell of bee balm! Cheers
Lurena
Tattered Moon

Beckyjean said...

Hi Lori~

Beautiful garden & little Iggy is too cute!!

primitivebettys said...

Beautiful garden & kitty! Wishing you a great weekend too!

jennifer768 said...

Lori your herb garden is gorgeous.It is what I dream of having someday.I am just not sure where to start.Love little Iggy ,glad that he and Suzy are becoming friends.Have a great evening,Jen

Jane said...

That red bee balm is my favorite! Mine is looking good, too. Your garden looks so lovely and lush. I'm sure it's because of your conversations with your green growing things! Iggy is adorable.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such a lovely garden and the fence just adds a special touch.

Constance said...

You have the most beautiful herb garden. Little Iggy surely is a fine looking young man. I know he has a wonderful home, thank you and your family for bringing him home. I do believe he was waiting for you.

Blessed be,
Sallie

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Lori,
You have a splendid herb garden! And it should be wild and free!! I am starved for a garden. We move in 18 days, so I am trying to let go of this garden and set my sights on the future one. I haven't had an herb garden for almost 5 years now, but I will create a good sized one at the new house. You have inspired me with your herby heaven! Thanks for sharing so many pictures!
Courtney

Chris said...

Hi Lori,
Your garden is so beautiful.
And Iggy, was a sweet pea.

Peace

My Colonial Home said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL...what a lovely place to reside.

Karen

Bertie said...

A fabulous herb garden, they look so much better wild:))

Carrie P. said...

Good looking garden. I just cut some lavender this morning to dry for sachets.
I have some pink bee balm. I love watching the humming birds and moths come to mine too.