Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Calico Chicken ~

Some of my favorite people have been...
well, um....
Chickens...
there was Frank, the super-large Black Rooster,
that when Hannah was little, described as an... um, fluffy woman
...wearing a black dress and red hat to Sunday Meeting....

then there was Peep,
our first white Leghorn who traveled with us from CT down here to VA...
she lived for almost 6 yrs and laid a beautiful brown egg daily...
and who could forget
Little Bit ~
or
"bitties" as he was lovingly nicknamed...
the tiny Bantam rooster who would rather perch on my head,
fall asleep in my lap or greet our guests ~
then hang out with the other chickens....
*sigh*
yes, they come & go and leave little
Chicken Scratches on our Hearts...
SO ~
I've decided to make little Calico Chickens
for those that cannot have a 'real' chicken....

made from assorted civil war era reproduction calico's
in blues, browns, reds & creams....
an Original design from
Notforgotten Farm

each Hen measures approx. 10" long, from beak to tail...
stuffed with Old, Clean Rags for a nice heavy feel....
hand-dyed Shirred Wool combs, and "penny" wattles...
embroidered eyes.....

each one is $14.99 plus shipping and signed/dated....
(BOX NOT INCLUDED)
...available in my etsy shop
(SOON!!)
or email me here at
not4got@aol.com
these will also be available in my shop for our
Spring Open House~

remember that you saw them here first AND
"a house without a chicken is like eating an egg without salt...."
Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love the calico fabrics and the box they are in. I made one last year, a bit bigger and sits on my frig.

Debbie

Jane said...

Love seeing your chickens in person AND in calico!!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

oh these chicks are so cute, I love them.
Sabrina

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Great looking chicks and great way to display them.

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

Your chickens are so cute.. Love the fabrics you chose for them.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Oh...you're so right...I do want to have a chicken. Or two, or three! These are great!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I love the chickens!! The fabric is so beautiful!!