Saturday, February 12, 2011

Peppermint Tulips and wonderful things...

Here is the next punch needle design
"Peppermint Tulips"
almost finished...
just need to fill in the rest of the background
then punch the border.

it will be finished today,
then i'll be working on:
"Farmer & Wife"
kind of companion punches to my
"A Plump Wife" cross stitch design
that Felicia is finishing up...



This sweet little face belongs to my Suzy,
who loves to burrow in my wools.
she looks like she's wearing a Babushka, doesn't she?
:)
this brown transfer ironstone pitcher
and victorian velvet covered sewing basket
where found on our trip the other day...
I love them both ~
along with this quilt,
which is a grandmother's garden design
(my favorite)...
it dates to about 1910 - 20
but upon closer inspection,
i saw that there is another whole EARLIER quilt underneath!!!
with calicos from the mid-late 1800's....
WOOHOO!!!

if you know me, then you know I love textiles of any sorts
and THIS kind of thing makes my heart beat just a little faster!

it will be warmer today,
and we'll be in the shop working on our projects,
planning changes, checking on the herb garden
and of course,
laughing & giggling like we always do!

hoping your day is full of smiles & wonderful things~


Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

6 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

The needle punch is lovely...and the kitty so sweet - Love that brown ironstone picture! Thanks for sharing.

mary pernula said...

Hi Lori, I had purchased a older quilt and was having a picnic. after the picnic I was looking at it and saw that there was another quilt underneath, I was so excited.....................the quilt was only tied together by red yarn so it was not hard to remove..............so for the price of one, I got two...........Hugs Mary

debbie said...

Lori-
Just wanted to say good morning & say thanks for all your wonderful posts, I love to read about all of your shop news, & love your patterns & ideas! Have a great day!:)

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, I love Suzy. You lucky dog, to have that pretty pitcher. Love the needlepunch. Are you going to uncover the older quilt?

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks like your needle punch is turning out great! Love your pitcher and your kitty is precious.
Prim Blessings! Robin

The French Bear said...

Love the rabbit!!! Of course I covet the brown jug.....sooo pretty!!!!! Gorgeous quilt, happy planning.....have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Margaret B