Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wool and Flax, Buttons and String ~

Well friends...
...the weather didn't amount to much yesterday,
just enough snow & ice to make driving hazardous
and our homes feel a bit cozier ~
Hannah was off from school, as she is again today ~
she spent the day watching old movies,
I spent it playing with
Wool and Flax
Buttons and String....
below are some of my tiny little needle felted birds' nests
that will be incorporated into jewelry ~

each nest measures approx. a scant 1" across,
...so you can see how very small the eggs are!
....these will become brooches & necklaces ~
perfect to usher in Spring...
and below,
you can see a button necklace that I've created ~
I've been toying with this idea for some time,
... and sat down yesterday to make this prototype :
it has 5 strands of crocheted string
with vintage & antique buttons added...

it makes the loveliest sound when worn...
{{of course, when I asked Hannah what she thought,
she said she loved it & volunteered to
keep it for me....}}

I will be offering these and the bird nest jewelry in my etsy shop in a day or two ~
Aside from working on jewelry,
I am almost finished with a new book of designs for
Punch Needle ~
look for :
"Farmhouse Folk"
soon!
(more on this in another post to come...)
So I wish you all a beautiful day,
get outside & enjoy the weather...
whatever the skies may be gifting you with....

Blessings from the Farm
...Lori

4 comments:

FourSistersInACottage said...

Lori,
You nests and necklace are AMAZING!!! I absolutely love your blog and love going back over your old posts.
Stay warm and have fun watching those old movies.
Thanks for sharing, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters....in chilly cold Iowa)

The Barn Door said...

Gosh the nests are so tiny and beautiful. I love the necklace too!!

Myriam said...

What a good idea!

Jennie Lynn @ Appleseed Prim said...

Love the necklace!!!