Wednesday, November 03, 2010

...tis (almost) the season ~

after devouring my recent "A Primitive Place" and "A Simple Life" magazines,
I am so ready to decorate for the upcoming Holiday/Winter season,...
I definitely will not be going overboard~
but instead keep it extremely primitive & simple.

a couple of real twig trees from our property will serve as a backdrop for more primitive decor such as dried orange-slices, cranberry & popcorn swags & simple ornies made from cloth.
I've started to get into the mood just a bit, as I know once I come home from the
Simple Goods show this weekend, I'll want to completely decorate!
below is a sweet little tobacco stick and barbed-wire tree that I got from
Barb & Giles (NC Cabin in the Woods) Pyatt
a couple of years ago ~
on it are simple crow ornaments from friends and a few ball & wire candle holders:


here's a little hooked mat I did the other day,
of some simple holly leaves & berries...
below is a line-up of some of the finished dolls
I'll be offering at our upcoming shows:

and here is another primitive painting of a Belsnickel,
that will be heading out to a new home soon~


the best part of the Holidays is the excitement we all feel as it approaches...
the hustle-bustle and hectic-ness all but fades away
on a cozy Christmas morn spent with family.

hot chocolate
fesh greens
cinnamon
snowflakes
wood smoke
old memories
dear friends
red woolens
heavy quilts
tattered dolls
candle-light
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember where your heart is,
and your holiday home will reflect it!!
I want to wish one of my bestest galpal's ~ Robin ~ a very Happy 50th Birthday today~
www.millstonemercantile.blogspot.com
go on over and wish her one too!!

{{Love you! ~ we'll see you this evening for Filet Mignon!!}}

Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

2 comments:

Robin said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, you make every day a gift and I am so thankful to have you in my life.
Now, can we go already???? I am so looking forward to this trip!!!!

Linda said...

Hi Lori....you and Robin have talked so excitedly about your trip to Simple Goods. I had thought maybe that I would skip this year but gee, I am only an hour away and I should be there!
I think I will recognize you from your photo, so if I see you I will be sure and say hello.
have a safe trip.
Linda