Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beautiful Late Summer Sunday...

Hi Friends & Folk!
...thought I'd pop on here to see what you all were up to...
we are having such pretty weather here in VA!!!
I'm hoping that you are enjoying the same cooler temps, sunny skies and dry air ~

We are beginning to really see the end of summer here on the farm...
our Black Walnut grove is dropping it's leaves and nuts
(the latter being terrible for my mower blades, but great for the dye-pot!)
and our mums are HUGE this year!
...The squirrels,
{when they attempt to forage in a yard patrolled by Buddy & Lazy,}
have been squirreling-away their finds
and padding their larders for the coming cold months ahead...
I've been watching the shadows become a little longer,
and yes, the days are getting shorter now....
I've seen fewer and fewer Blacksnakes, and Daisy & Pinnochio are starting to grow more 'fluff'...their winter coats come early I guess....
Inside this old farmhouse,
even subtle changes are occurring:
our fur-friends (3 cats), who just 2 weeks ago were sleeping on the cooler wood floors,
are now nesting on our beds at night, or on the sofa in the den,...

here's my little Black Suzy...
just waking up from a little snooze on my coverlet...
Ah yes...
small changes.

all signs of Goode Things to come!

Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

5 comments:

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Still in the mid 90's here and muggy, but I keep watching the local weather for a sign of a 80 something...And the shop looks wonderful!!..I wish i lived closer~~hugs,Jen

janeu729 said...

Isn't this weather delightful!! I love hearing the night bugs instead of the AC. I'm hooking an oak leaf in the same colors as the one I found on the ground, today. Almost have all my projects finished for Sat.
Can't wait!!

Iva Wilcox said...

Thank you for sharing your sites with us! I enjoyed the walk through your property and all the subtle changes the new season brings. Nature is just so beautiful. I look forward to fal in all it's glory! The vernal equinox is almost here!
~ Iva

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Suzy is wonderful!!

Shannon said...

Lovely site thanks for sharing. It is still hot in the south but, I too have noticed the mornings have a nice cool crisp air that is pleasant with my morning coffee.