Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Look what we found!!!!!




Felicia found this beautiful quilt top at a thrift shop...

She said she only paid pennies for it!!!!
...upon closer inspection, we found it to not only be in perfect condition,
but it is chock-full of beautiful old Feedsack prints!!!!!!!

here she's baste-stitching the batting and backing together...
it will be one of those "works in Progress" here in the shop~


~and~

The new photo that you see at the top of my blog is of my humble little Needlework shop....
Everyday, I take a walk around the perimeter of our front hay-field...
i usually don't bring my camera with me, but it was serendipity i guess...


I think the shot i got of the woodsmoke & the morning mist is beautiful,
...don't you?
Have a Beautiful Day!!!
Lori

7 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Lori, you are right! What a beautiful picture that is, so homey and inviting looking. Your little shop is the neatest, I wish I lived close to you so I could come and visit!
Wonderful quilt find too. :-)

Sherry said...

Lucky Felicia to find that quilt top! I keep hoping that I will find one like that one day! I love the picture of your shop and want to visit even more now!

Cindy said...

What a great find!! Neat photo too...would make neat shop postcards to announce upcoming events!!

Unknown said...

Wow what a find! I love the picture of your little shop, wish I was near enought to visit.
Rosie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Such a wonderful blog! I get so inspired looking at your stitching; thanks.

Lena said...

That quilt is very pretty. I just bought an old one the other day too. It's rare to find them at the thrift stores here, but every now and then I'm fortunate. The one that I found has lovely old blue calicos and other nice fabrics, but it was the blue that drew me to it.

I'm happy to hear that your speech went well, and I love the photograph of your shop.

Lena

Farmhouse Blessings said...

That quilt is a treasure, and your shop is like a dream!

Blessings,
Lea