Thursday, November 06, 2008

Smitten with Stitchin' !!


Don't you just LOVE these little beauties???

My new obsession ~
(aside from collecting ANYthing that has to do with antique sewing tools)
are these little Sewing Machines!!
The green one at the top is a
ca. 1950's "Betsy Ross" electric (runs too!)
that came in a beautiful Red faux alligator case...
it measures only 5" x 7"
The little blue one is a "Kay-an-EE", ca. 1950's ~
it came in it's original box, has a hand-crank,
and measures only a teeny 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" !!!!
They're on display here in the shop...
Do you collect any viintage or antique sewing items?
~~~~~~
Today is blustery, windy but a little on the balmy side...
not what I call a 'good' November day...
it has to be COLDER for me!

...althought the trees are almost bare of their leaves,
the walnuts on the ground are now turning black,
making for good dye-stuff and easier cracking of the shells for baking
(nothing like a hot Brownie with Black Walnuts!)
I'm happy that so many have taken my little poll over there on the right side of this page,
it really helps me know what my customers needs are~ thanks for participating!
Have yourself a 'good' November day...
grab a basket, go for a walk in the woods
and collect some pinecones for wreath-making,
fire straters or string some into garlands...
Be Creative!!!!

Blessed be, my Friends~
Lori
p.s. in the new Christmas issue of Country Living magazine,
there is a feature on Jones' Tree Farm,
in my old "neighborhood" of Shelton, CT ~
our family has visited there many, many times!!
You Primitive-Lovers will enjoy this issue for sure!

4 comments:

SM said...

hi
nice blog,felt good when saw 1950 machin

see u later
mit

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

sandi said...

Hi Lori - you have hit on all the important things for a shop in your survey. Most important you hit on all these things in your shop!! Love seeing the new pictures! So sad I won't be able to go to your holiday open house but I do have my ticket to visit in April - Woo Hoo!! Enjoy your fall in beautiful Virginia! sandi in texas

Sherry said...

I love these little sewing machines!

Gayle said...

I have over 10 toy sewing machines in my collection, and I'm always on the lookout for more to add to it. I don't pay much for mine - I think it's more fun to search for bargains. I was at an antique store in CA last week and they had a wonderful assortment of vintage sewing items, but they were SO expensive! $45 for a tiny strawberry emery about the size of an almond! Sheesh!