Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hitch your Wagon to a Star....

Look what my sweet Hubby bought for me!
an old fashioned Hay Wagon! woohoo!!!...
in it are tractor implements
that he also purchased
from the same woman he bought the wagon...
I'll keep it in the front of the shop all year 'round,
decorated of course, for the Seasons ~
BUT
next Autumn,
you can bet that we'll be giving plenty of Hayrides
here in the fields for our
customers and Friends!!
Hmmmm...now all I need is a sweet & gentle Belgian Workhorse to pull it!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We're beginning to get the new bolts of fabric here in the shop,
beautiful reproduction 1800's prints, feedsack prints, primitive florals...
along with more & more supplies for needlefelting,
new patterns from terrific primitive designers & such ~

I'm also in the midst of UN-decorating for Hallowe'en
and getting the shop ready for a

Country Christmas

I love Christmastyme...
the sounds, sights & smells...I can't wait to start harvesting the fresh pine...
& did I tell you that we have real
Mistletoe
growing in the tops of our trees???
do you know how we get it out of the tops of the trees?
we SHOOT it out with a .22 rifle!!!

really!!!!
(i'm a pretty darn good shot...
my great-great aunt, Elizabeth Couffer (from Pennsylvania)
was an award winning sharpshooter...
no kidding!!!
that was quite a title
back in the 1800's for a Lady, no?)

I love to drape the fresh pines on my cupboards
and the mistletoe in my old baskets around the house & shop...

oh boy...now I've got the itch....

tell me, when do you start to decorate?
or should I ask
when do you get the itch to start your Holiday decorating?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy this cold, almost-end-of-October day...
spend it cozy-ing up your humble little home...
light a pine-scented candle,
& create something wonderful with your Hands...

Blessed be, my sweet Friends,
Lori

4 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Lori,
That wagon is just awesome!!! It will look wonderful decorated for the seasons. What a dear hubby! Got a nice chuckle out of how you get that mistletoe down LOL. Gonna start calling you Annie.. What a story about the sharpshooter in your family tree.

Beth Twist said...

Now all you need to do is hitch that there wagon full of tractor implements and drive it out here to my place in Oregon! You would make us both happy. :)

Down in Southern Oregon where I grew up we had mistletoe, and got it down the same way. No mistletoe here in the North, but we do like to shoot rotten pumpkins with our .22s....

Petra said...

What an awesome wagon, that is way too cool!

Cindy said...

There's a mule team out in our horse pasture...how 'bout that? LOL
Love the wagon....reminds me of my dad's old wagon.
Now how about the treasures in the wagon...whatcha got there and whatcha gonna do with 'em?