Hello Friends & Folk ~
...and a very merry October to us all!!
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
All year long,
I await it's arrival,
this month of merriment and mayhem and mirth!
yes, October is 'home' to Hallowe'en ~
but it is also a door that is now ajar to an other-worldly place
I await it's arrival,
this month of merriment and mayhem and mirth!
yes, October is 'home' to Hallowe'en ~
but it is also a door that is now ajar to an other-worldly place
...somewhere between Summer and Winter where the days are shorter
and mornings are now more crisp
like these first few fallen leaves
scattered along my woodland path.
October just 'does' it for me.
and mornings are now more crisp
like these first few fallen leaves
scattered along my woodland path.
October just 'does' it for me.
the colors.
the wind.
the scents.
the longing for old ways and old friends.
~ memories of lost family members and times gone-by.
Living on this old farm, in this old farmhouse for the past 23 Octobers
has taught me many valuable lessons that I never knew I needed to learn.
Slowing down, living purposefully and being present have been the top three ~
but lessons like;
living within your harvest,
using old things that are still good things,
making home cooked meals from home grown food,
has taught me many valuable lessons that I never knew I needed to learn.
Slowing down, living purposefully and being present have been the top three ~
but lessons like;
living within your harvest,
using old things that are still good things,
making home cooked meals from home grown food,
and creating....something. Anything. Everyday....
and treating myself kinder and gentler,
those are the gifts that living here have taught me well.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
~ Seasons Change for Reasons ~
...and nothing ever stays the same.
This August, I celebrated 4 full years of sobriety.
for too many years I selfishly numbed myself of
resurfacing memories from childhood and young adulthood.
~ there was abuse from many outside forms,
that a child couldn't understand or deal with, or have to.
Using alcohol and anxiety medication left me empty, and in turn,
left my family hurt from the pain I was unintentionally inflicting in them
while my struggling soul was lost in artificial 'happiness'.
those are the gifts that living here have taught me well.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
~ Seasons Change for Reasons ~
...and nothing ever stays the same.
This August, I celebrated 4 full years of sobriety.
for too many years I selfishly numbed myself of
resurfacing memories from childhood and young adulthood.
~ there was abuse from many outside forms,
that a child couldn't understand or deal with, or have to.
Using alcohol and anxiety medication left me empty, and in turn,
left my family hurt from the pain I was unintentionally inflicting in them
while my struggling soul was lost in artificial 'happiness'.
I was spiritually missing when they needed me.
The death of my mother in '24 was the worst.
The death of my mother in '24 was the worst.
it truly broke me.
my heart shattered and my mind raced with anxiety.
I felt more alone, lost, angry, hurt and sad than I can ever remember feeling.
Again I became the mad, angry 'person' that I was trying so hard to not be.
my heart shattered and my mind raced with anxiety.
I felt more alone, lost, angry, hurt and sad than I can ever remember feeling.
Again I became the mad, angry 'person' that I was trying so hard to not be.
I was truly a mess, but I didn't turn to anything fake for help...
I turned to my family,to those I've hurt... asking for for help and understanding,
and I've been blessed with forgiveness, deep love and kindness from them as their gift in return.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I am healing now.
slowly,
surely I am changing.
I am creating more than I ever have,
in old and new mediums ~
I turned to my family,to those I've hurt... asking for for help and understanding,
and I've been blessed with forgiveness, deep love and kindness from them as their gift in return.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I am healing now.
slowly,
surely I am changing.
I am creating more than I ever have,
in old and new mediums ~
I'm learning new things about myself,
about who I was,
who I am
and who I want to be.
I'm loving myself more.
and I'm letting go of everything that was keeping my soul angry, hardened and scared.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I went for a walk this morning in our deep woods...
it was 56ยบ and the sun was warm
And for the very first time in my adult life I felt such a sense of clarity ~
about who I was,
who I am
and who I want to be.
I'm loving myself more.
and I'm letting go of everything that was keeping my soul angry, hardened and scared.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
I went for a walk this morning in our deep woods...
it was 56ยบ and the sun was warm
And for the very first time in my adult life I felt such a sense of clarity ~
like the endless clear blue sky of a bright new October morning,
so ripe and full,
like golden apples filled with new possibilities.
like golden apples filled with new possibilities.
Blessings from the Farm
~ Lori
~ Lori
Bless your heart, Lori!! I'm so glad you've been able to quash those demons & start living a full life again!! You'll be in my prayers as you continue down your new path!! God Bless you!! ❤️
ReplyDeleteLori, I'm so glad life is getting better for you. Enjoy this wonderful month to the fullest; it's my favorite too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Paula ♥️
DeleteCongratulations on 4 years of sobriety. Be proud of what you accomplished and who you have become ♥️
ReplyDeleteThank you Lauren ♥️
DeleteNever, in the eleven (?) years we've been communicating, did I ever suspect the pain you've been suffering. I value your friendship so much, Lori, and am so glad to hear of your healing.
ReplyDeleteI am here.
Thank you Nancy ♥️
DeleteThat took an immense amount of bravery. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI can’t remember exactly when our paths first crossed but I’ve “known” you for a very long time in this lifetime and perhaps even longer were we to count other lifetimes but I never, ever, knew the hells you’ve walked through and the demons you’ve faced. Congratulations on your sobriety and your hard-fought victories. Enjoy another beautiful October.
ReplyDeleteLori, bless your heart and your creative soul! I’m proud of you for taking these steps to a life filled with happiness & calm serenity! May each new day bring you joy & wonder……and lots of creativity! ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you for your openness. Gos is good and faithful! ❤
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 4 years of breaking the cycle. So glad you had the courage to reach out to those you love for help. October is my favorite time of the year as well. Am working on "John" your pilgrim pattern right now and then Priscilla and Tommy. Then Will start Two Toms. I so love all of your patterns. They make me smile. Janice
ReplyDeleteThinking of you as you continue on this journey, dear Lori. You are loved.❤️
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you for your courage. And congratulations on tackling the hard stuff. May the healing and self-compassion continue!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear you were suffering ....So happy you are feeling alive again and enjoying life , family & friends . You and your husband are so talented , I enjoy all the wonderful pieces you both create together. You are such an inspiration. Enjoy this October to the fullest Lori !!!! Take care and enjoy all those morning walks , they are special to me too !
ReplyDelete