Saturday, August 18, 2018

~ Could it really be so? ~

that's it.
I have made up my mind...
I am going to pull out my hook and wools and HOOK SOMETHING!
ANYthing! 
it has been too long, too hot, too muggy, I've been too busy, too many excuses not to!

 I have been drooooooling over all of the FABulous photos of this year's 
Sauder Village Rug Hooking Week 2018 ~

if you are on Facebook, and a member of my 
you can see the almost daily postings of members that have attended and their photos...
if you're NOT yet a member, send me a request to join!


I haven't really pulled a loop since working on and finishing this big-boy in April...
wow
4 months have passed, that's long enough!


yes, I have been loving my embroidery ~ it is fun and fast...and very rewarding
but

so I am in the planning stages for a new design for Autumn.....
sketchbooks all over the place, boxes, bags & baskets overflowing with my woollies,
and my beloved hooks and frame are being dusted off.



and let's not forget!!!
↓ 


Here is a preliminary list of confirmed vendors for this year so far:

Jan Cole - Wool'n Gardener ~ 
hand dyed as/is wools, supplies, patterns, hand dyed linens, finished goods

Jeannie Happ - Two Old Crows {NJ} ~ rug hooking, punch needle & needle felting supplies

Marian Hall - Wooly Dye Works ~ hand dyed wool, fraktur-inspired pattern designs

Terri Leamer - My Winter Cottage ~ rug hooking patterns, and primitive handmades

Teresa Miller - Teresa's Primitive Treasures ~ wooden wares, punch needle supplies, finished goods

Jack & Kathy Newman - Everlastings ~ antique/primitives, folk art & finished goods

Lee & Robin Harrison - Millstone Mercantile ~ antiques/primitives, finished goods

Joan Spalding - Olde Rectory Antiques ~ antiques/primitives

Becky Carney - A Wing and a Prayer ~ Art Dolls, Santa & Pumpkin Dolls

this list will be updated as show nears...
AND so far we have 25 folks registered/signed up for our first-ever Hook In!!
we have some room left, if you're looking to reserve a spot, please contact me asap

Those who are registered for the hook in will receive lunch/snacks, a reserved spot in our studio, access to all vendors and all day shopping and a special treat from Peter & I for attending ;)

cut off date for registering for the hook in is September 1st ~

Shop will be open today, 10:00 - 4:00 and it is another Crafty Saturday!
hope you can come out for a visit.

Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

7 comments:

denise said...

Sure wish I could visit.But I'm too far away.

Terri Patillo said...

I don't hook, but my Mother does. She finds it gives her great peace and comfort. I'm going to introduce her to your blog.

elaine allerton said...

Cant wait to see ur new design and hooking,,
Been hot here too,,, not as hot as u,,, but has not been hooking weather, this summer,,,
Take care,,,,

lynnann said...

excited for the hook in........ and the list of vendors.. wonderful!!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Yay autumn is coming! One of these years I’ll get down to the fall gathering. I’dove to come!

NMK said...

Your show sounds great as always ….but my Broom can't go that far ….it's too far away to your wonderful ,creative play house !!!

fairykin said...

Hi, where could I write to you in private in reference to an Etsy order I would like to put in? Thank you, Crystal