Tuesday, April 10, 2018

~ Spring Again and another hooked project finished! ~

 A new day and it's Spring again!
yesterday we woke to snow, today is sunshine & warmer temps ~
crazy weather....


I hooked this rug yesterday while it snowed, then rained...
"Rest Thy Head"
 

it's made to be placed on the back of your chair,
in this case one of my old tattered wingbacks in our Keeping Room ~

I bound the edges with wool, that I whip-stitched on with Valdani pearl cotton.
 

early morning sunshine just peeking in...
 

Hooked up real fast in a #9 cut using my Sizzix cutter and die 

I used oatmeal wools for the background 
and a dark black-olive color wool for the lettering... 
then I just used scrap worms for the border ~


you could hook yours using whatever color wools you prefer 
for your warm, comfortable home decor ~
and even finish it into a large stuffed pillow!
 

I want to thank my dear friend Joan for the idea to design and hook this one ~
she has an antique sampler that is displayed on the back of her chair in her dining room,
and suggested it would make for a great way to display a hooked mat ~
I agree.

To see all of my rug hooking patterns
plus this new design ~
~ or to place an order,
kindly click ----> HERE  
and it will take you to my rug hooking section in our Etsy shop :)

Have a beautiful day my friends ~ and create something beautiful


Blessings from the Farm 
~ Lori

8 comments:

NMK said...

Just saw this fb ....Love it , great idea , so cute !!!Love the colors you used & your border !!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Just lovely, Lori! I love the new rug pattern....Have a wonderful day!

Ronda said...

Love it Lori!

Anonymous said...

All your pictures are so inviting, Lori...great idea for a hooked rug!

Julie Th9nas said...

Glad to hear you like the number 9 cut Lori, it’s my favorite cut! I love the new rug and your home is just so lovely

elaine allerton said...

Its the sweetest!
You are amazing,,,,
Looks like a lovely day,,,
Snow again here,,,, yuc,,,,

Penny said...

Oh, how I love that!

Susie H said...

Love the rug! How will you keep the rug from slipping down the back of the chair?