Tuesday, April 03, 2018

~ Moving Along ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk!
and a happy overcast-but-turning-warmer Tuesday to you all!

I am in a ham & peanut butter cup stupor...
just cannot resist the food goodness of the holiday!

I have been making progress on Wool Witch though,
and have finished the oatmeal background behind witch & her sheep
and have begun filling in the border now;


I added a dimensional braid for her hair too 
 

I may shorten that braid, but for now it stays ~

how do you like the border?
 I'm pulling the colors of the rug out to the border 
and hooking it in random strips ~
 

a funny thing is,
 when I went to snap a photo of the rug for my Instagram page last night,
I realized that my border matches our rugs here in the keeping room!


Hoping to finish this today,
 and then get to work on a class model that I'll be teaching in October!
 I am excited to share that with you all, so stay tuned!

Have a beautiful day my friends,
create something beautiful with your hands & heart ~
take a walk  in the fresh air ~
...be kind to yourself and others.

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

7 comments:

Cheryl R said...

Your border is so perfect for this design..loving the braid.
Blessings

NMK said...

Love the Witches braid !!!And your border looks great , neat to use the colors mixed in the border too !!!
Still feels like Winter here in Mass....we got 3" of that white stuff yesterday UGH !!!!
Come on Spring !!!

LindaB. said...

Love her. We are so very excited for you to actually be here at Betsy’s hook-in in October.

Jacqueline said...

Great rug and techniques. Raining way to hard to take a walk outside today. Just thankful it isn't snow.

Saundra said...

OMG, that hit and miss border brings it all together. LOVE IT!!!!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,
Love yr mat!!
My favorite border,,, hit and miss,, love it and ur mat on the floor,,,,
That braid is awesome, too,,,
Take care

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love the border. Sets it off perfectly!