Tuesday, December 26, 2017

~ Planning Ahead ~

 Hello Friends & Folk!

Hoping your Christmas was wonderful ~
... ours was !

Our girl, her beau and their pups we here with us...
making these past few days both chaotic and fun.

Last night, after dinner we headed out to the theater to see Jumanji!!!
what a great movie!!!
 we laughed so hard ~ it's a must see...love Jack Black and The Rock,
but I have to say the original with Robin Williams is still awesome

In other news,
I'm spending this last week of 2017 planning my 2018 designs.
I will be adding more embroidery to my pattern line,
... and have been honing my stitching-abilities working on this little Jenny Wren:


her blue dress is being worked in split-satin stitch
using DMC threads in gradient hues ~


and for the past few weeks, 
~ I have had a bug in my brain about making another bear.
I cannot even tell you the last time I made one!
 

so this is on my worktable for the day....
don't you love that blue mohair?
of course when I finish stuffing, plucking and distressing, 
~ the fur will not look like this at all.

I'm thinking a little pair of red wool shoes 
and an embroidered apron will be the clothing of choice, but we'll see.


How are you spending your last week of 2017?

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you made bears!!! But then again, you do just about everything! Love Jenny Wren's dress...wow. Beautiful shade-stitching.

Jaja said...

Recovery and onward and upward into 2018. Be blessed my friend!

gracie said...

Glad about the embroidery. As much I love cross stitch I want to do something else and I love handwork. I think that bear will be loving for sure. Love making dolls/critters myself.

Susie H said...

My daughter is in from VA, spending Christmas in IL with her father & me. We went to see Jumanji too and laughed so hard. We all loved it too! I immediately wanted to see the original and also I understand that there is a space version too. I checked my library and have requested both of those movies. Looking forward to getting my call that they are in!!

Merry Christmas, Lori!

Halland House Gifts said...

Lori, I love the fur and color on your bear. It’s going to be so much fun to see the finish.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Your bear a going to be awesome

Pat said...

Love Jenny Wren! I guess it's true...what comes around goes a round...is true. It's either that or I'm old, but when I got into handwork, embroidery was the thing.I love seeing it returning and can't wait to see how you put your personal spin on a new generation of embroidery!!

Love Teddy too........

NMK said...

Your little Wren is so cute , the stich you are doing looks like feathers .... your Teddy Bear will be really cute too, love the color !!!