Sunday, December 31, 2017

~ New Years Eve {Day} 2017 ~


Brrrrr!
...frosty & cold day isn't it?
not heading out there today or tonight. 
nope. 
no way-no how.

I will hunker down in our cozy little farmhouse
~  and stitch the old year out and the new year in!

I have everything I need at the ready:
needles, thread, fabric
sketchbooks, copious amounts of green tea, snacks ~
warm socks and a crocheted blanket and a furry 'friend' to warm my lap!

Since I have been doing alot of embroidery lately, I wanted to let you all know about this product
if you don't already know ~
Embroidery Tracing Paper from DMC
it comes in a package of 4 -  8.5" x 11" sheets.
What I love, is that you can trace your designs on either light or dark fabric!
I found it in our local Joann's store but I'm sure you can get it online somewhere as well.


Now that I've gathered all of my 'stuff',
I'm ready to sit and stitch ~ 
yep! a marathon stitch-in while watching the Twilight Zone marathon!


I've got my hoop stand to hold my work in progress...

in-between stitches, I'll wind more of my DMC floss skeins onto my little wooden spools using Peter's Floss Winder Box {mine is sunny & bright in Yellow Ochre paint} 


at-the-ready and on the arm of my chair is my trusty Stitcher's Tray in Oyster White paint ~


I love to relax and wind my threads onto our little wooden spools ~ 
then put them all together on our handy 
Accessory Spool Stand 


I use a pencil to write the thread numbers on the spools 
~ helps me at a glance know which is which.


Once my winding is finished and all of my threads are on my spools,
I keep them in my Hinged Lid Sewing Box ~ of course the paint matches my tray ;)



so handy & neat & tidy too ~


everything I need at my fingertips for a peaceful stitching day
{or two}



Progress on Mr. Robin Redbreast is coming along nicely...
Jenny Wren is happy to see his little face!



My cozy little stitching nest awaits!

 Hoping your New Year's Eve is filled with everything you love
and those who love you most ~
 P.S. 
if you're interested,
you can find our Wooden Needleworker's Goodies in our Etsy shop...
click on the links below to visit them :)


Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little stitcher's paradise you have there, Lori!! Enjoy the evening...it sounds inviting. My husband is acting in a dinner murder mystery tonight, so we will be "oot and aboot," despite the miserable weather. Looking forward to family coming over tomorrow and sharing Polish sausage, potato salad, cabbage soup, and....of course, black-eye peas for luck! Talk to you next year! ;)

That Cock Robin is turning into quite a handsome fellow!

Janet said...

Doesn't that look cozy. A very Happy New Year to you and Peter. Let's hope 2018 is a year of laughter, hope prosperity, kindness and love 😊

elaine allerton said...

Looks so nice and cozy!
Brr is right,,, frigid here , too,,, yikes,,, cant get warm,,,,
Love all the accessories, ,,, think I am tempted to get a tray,,,, so handy!
Happy new year!!