Wednesday, September 06, 2017

~ Drawing Inspiration ~


So I'm already thinking of my next rug to design & hook.
can you tell what my inspiration is?

here's a hint...
the Crow Knows!

Here are a few rugs that have taken up residence in my pea-brain lately...
 ((( all photos below have been 'borrowed' from Pinterest and I may not have all information )))


Magdelina Briener

not sure who' this is but it's cute.

again, not sure of designer/maker but love it.

by Saundra of Woodland junction

by Saundra of Woodland Junction

love their eyes....maker/designer unknown to me.


wool applique, but the concept is beautiful.

this one is wonderful ~ love their blue feet!

Rainy day today... loverly to stay home and hook.
on to the FINISH of hooking When Pigs Fly 
& start on some-kind of sketching for a crow rug.

Joan & I are also challenging each other to hook a Jarrahdale Pumpkin 
using hand torn strips with beautiful wools purchased from Rebecca Erb
...we saw one being hooked at the Sauder show by sweet Sondra Ives
 {designed by the talented Alice LaMar Fraizer}and have been smitten with it ever since! ~ 
I will draw up my own wonky version of a large pumpkin for us and we will start on our pompions 
{French for pumpkins lol} after our show here on the 16th, so stay tuned for our escapades!

⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

Keeping the entire USA in our thoughts and prayers
....for no more rain, no more fire.
and no more hate.

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

NMK said...

Neat rugs !!! Can't wait to see your Pumpkins you & Joan are hooking !!!

Anonymous said...

I love Crows. And Pumpkins. And Peace.

Anonymous said...

P.S. And that Penny Rug stole my heart...:)

Saundra said...

WOW! I feel so honored you picked a couple of my hooked pieces to show on your blog. The first one I designed using Magdalena as my muse with the berry in the beak. The second crow was a pattern by Betsy Reed which I made into a pillow.

Must admit that I do LOVE crows.

Saundra

kelley said...

I think the two crows with flowers/urn is a Marion Ham...if I remember correctly that is what Kathy Morton told me...it's a great design...I have crows,on the brain too...

twoives said...

Lori, cannot wait to see the pumpkins you girls hook. I know I will love them. I have hooked 3 so far.

Sondra

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,
Love these crow mats, nice to see saundras mats,, the thurd one js designed by martina lesar, dont know who hooked it, but its great!
Cant wait to see ur version of a crow mat!
Pumpkins soubd awesome in wide cut,,,, great,
You are a busy girl!!
Take care,,,

acorn hollow said...

Love the large crows with the small houses.
Cathy