Sunday, July 02, 2017

~ Sunday Stitches ~


Hello Friends & Folk ~
are you sweltering where you are?

another day in the 90's here at the farm...
keeping cool indoors
working on a few more embroideries
blasting the AC

my stitching chair near the south facing window is my favorite spot to be
except in the summer, when the best lighting comes through the window.
It's a love/hate kinda thing right now with the sun beaming so hot,
so I keep my little green shutters drawn a bit to filter it out.



it may be July
but my mind is always in October.
the colors
scents
flavors
and temperatures are what keep me going all year I think!

I'm working in thread colors of mustard & ochre.
the color of the sun, fall leaves and corn...
pumpkins, squash and bittersweet.

using my little Stitcher's Tray© and Sit & Stitch© Embroidery Hoop Stand
makes my needlework a little easier....
 


Peter designed them so they fit together,
~ the stand sets perfectly on the tray, and he made them to match, 
... with a beautiful stained & sealed finish.




I use my stand on my lap or on a table too,
and it's especially handy to hold my hoop 
when I need to use both hands when I embroider ~

 

 
even tho it is hot out,
I have to have my candles burning next to me wherever I work.
 
~ this small table near my stitching chair is just the right size for me and my needlework!
where is your favorite spot to stitch?

 

I had to move my needlework just a bit in my hoop, 
so here you can see our Sit & Stitch Hoop Stand© without the hoop on it:

~ this stand adjusts for my different size hoops... from 5" hoops to 8" hoops. 

These are a great thing to have if you, like me, do many different forms of needlework.

You can always find them in our Etsy shop HERE
and our Stitcher's Tray HERE
if you'd like to get them for your stitching chair too ;)

 

 and ~
 I also will be finishing this sweet pillow that I began a few months ago ~
the little lady is all-alone and needs some flora & fauna and perhaps a few friends with her...
{besides her bird-friends}




... right now she is helping me with my pins
;)

 


 Have a beautiful Sunday and stay cool ~
  & PLEASE 
remember to provide fresh, cool & clean drinking water
 to our outdoor fur & feathered friends......

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

5 comments:

NMK said...

Love the basket you are stitching ! Looks so pretty ! Your stitching chair looks comfy & everything you need is right at your hands !!! What a nifty set up !!! Keep cool , can't wait to see your finished goodies !!!
Happy 4th of July !!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday! I enjoy sitting in my mother's chair that she used to stitch and knit in...that tray looks mighty handy, Lori! Currently I use an English antique sewing chest that sits right next to my chair, as it's the perfect height. My chair gets southern light exposure, so the mornings are my favorite time to stitch. But I've got a great stitcher's lamp for afternoons and evening times. Love your little lady in stitches, there. Stay cool. I always keep my bird baths in clean, fresh water for my other little friends...

Cheryl R said...

Yes its hot..not my fav. We put bottle from freezer in all water tubs and they needed replaced by noon.
Lovin that little lady on bird fabric.
I have to use my led light with magnifier by chair for stitching.

elaine allerton said...

Such a nice spot to stitch,, sweet stitching,,,
Have a wknderful july 4th weekend!!

Heidi said...

Hi Lori, I am sitting here admiring your stitching chair and was wondering you made the cushions yourself and what kind of fabric would you suggest, also what did you use for inside, quilting batting, scraps of worms and thread. It's beautiful, that I would like to make one for my chair. Thank you for all the help you are giving!!

Heidi