Sunday, April 02, 2017

~ Virginia Rug Fest ~

 Hello Friends & Folk!
we are back and rested {somewhat} from the 15th annual
Virginia Rug Fest that was held Saturday in Mechanicsville, VA ~
this event is lovingly hosted by the hardworking Shockoe Slip Rug Hookers...
with Mary Henck bein gat the helm ~
 ...these Ladies really know how to put on a Hook In!
If you've never been to this event before, I suggest you visit this link:
to read more about this group of rug hookers and mark 2018's date down on your calendar.

After a rainy set up on Friday, 
~ the sun came out beautifully on Saturday for attendees ~

I'll begin with the awesome gallery of rugs on display....
kindly click on each photo to make it bigger,
so you can see all the details of the rugs ~



 
 


  
 
  
 
  
 wasn't that fabulous???
who could help but be in awe at such beauty and talent?
  
•••••••••••
And speaking of beauty & talent,
this loverly lady below is 
Sharon A. Smith from Off the Hook Wool Rugs

Sharon was the Guest Speaker at the event ~ a plethora of knowledge and inspiration to many.
 
 

...she told us all about her journey into rug hooking ~
and shared her undeniably unique color sense & stories behind her designs.


Sharon also makes beautiful mixed medium items from scraps of this & that...
never wasting anything and helping to share even more of her un-bounding creativity! 



 

Per usual,
meeting & seeing our friends both old & new is the highlight of the hook in ~
... just a wonderful time spent with like-minded souls leaves me with a full heart!


Raffle & Auction prizes were outstanding once again,
 and congrats to the Lucky Winners!  




 And here are the Vendors Rooms....
visited numerous times by everyone, 
~ between pulling loops, chatting and snacking happily!


•••••••••••••
 Mary's Wool Garden
... a true delight for lovers of color!




•••••••••••
Like Mother Like Daughter ~
 Rug Hooking Creations
... sweetest girls and such talent!



•••••••••••••
The Wool Studio
... need I say more??




•••••••••••••
Checkmate Farm
GORGEOUS Hand-spun, hand dyed Karakul wool yarns....



•••••••••••
LC's Wool N Silk
Ooooh & aaaaah ~ those silks and bundles!!!!!



 •••••••••••••
 Handmaiden Designs
 ...absolute whimsey at its' finest!


•••••••••••
As most of you know, 
Miss Joan usual accompanies me on my travels to vend and/or teach...since dear Arthur has been under the weather, she has not been able to come with, but she is there with me in spirit!
How very nice it was to hear such kind words from so MANY of you, to pass along to Joan & Arthur.
and we have done just that....and they both want the send in return, their love and deep-hearted Thanks for the special cards, healing thoughts and continued prayers that have been sent their way!

My dear hubby came with me this time!
Peter was such a huge help to me ~ from getting everything ready here at the shop, to packing, unpacking, setting up...talking & joking with friends at the show ~ 
and meeting so many of you that 'know' him from this blog... I think he was a little overwhelmed!
hey, it's not often a man gets to see so many hookers in one place, let alone so many who know him! ha!

AND,
although I didn't get a photo of her ~
our dear friends Steve & Robin Muddiman were a huge help to us...
with Robin manning the check-out table for me while I helped shoppers, or just plain gabbed-away.
THANK YOU both!!!! we love you!

so here is Peter,
fine-tuning his display of rug hooks....
his Floor Frame was a huge hit! as well as his other wood products :)


Peter made sure that our room represented us and our farm shop ~
....a little of this, a smidge of that...
 
  
 Oh!
I am over-the-moon excited to have brought along 
fabulous wool-bundles from my sweet 'Nawthern' friend 
Diane from Wool-n-Wares

here it is, displayed in our wooden trencher ~ click on pic to make it bigger!



 

 


and here we are ~
two crazies who love each other, and what we do together...
 

 ••••••••••
Many thanks to all who came, shopped & supported us 
again at the Virginia Rug Fest! 


Blessings from the Farm ~ 
Peter &  Lori

11 comments:

NMK said...

So many amazing rugs !!!! The beautiful assortments of yummy colored wools !!!! Your booth looks great ....cute picture of the Sweet Couple too !!! Where did you get your shoes ??? Love those too !!!

Anonymous said...

Such diversity in colors, patterns, and styles!! And all that wool. Whoa. So glad you and Peter had a marvelous time!

Janet said...

Wonderful tour ...Thank you 😊

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh my gosh, Lori!!! What a wonderful rugfest!!!! I am in awe of all the beautiful woolens and rug designs! Your booth looked wonderful!! I love your rugs displayed...so beautiful!! I would love to come down for this one year! Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and for including the websites to the vendors...

Mugwump Woolies said...

Yikes...that's some gorgeous wool! Such talented hookers and wonderful vendors gathered together for a great day...what fun! Gosh you two are a cute couple!
Robyn

Marcia said...

I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I were there. The rugs and the COLORS were stunning.
Thank you for sharing your day, the vendors and the websites.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a great hook in!!! I'll have to add that to my hooking bucket list! Thanks for all the pictures. I love looking at them all (and of course I am partial to that little pug rug!).
Lauren

3millplainrd said...

I'm glad to hear that Arthur is mending (I hope), I've checked your blog often for news. Also happy to see that you are partnering with Diane from Wool-N-Wares, I've bought her wool for a few years now and I love it, the color combos are the best. She is super to work with.

Jennifer M said...

Such a success! All was beautiful, thanks for sharing. This event came to my mind a few times, would love to of been there.

elaine allerton said...

Lovely pics!!! Thanks so much!! Thinking about joan and arthur alot, too,,,,
Great peter helped you,,,, so sweet!!

woollabeast said...

Finally a chance to check in with my woolly goode friend! Your booth looked awesome & so glad Peter could help & keep you company. Keeping Joan & Arthur in my positive thoughts …hoping he is improving! What a wonderful show …the rugs were amazing, everyone’s booth was (eye candy) …what a great day for those who could attend! And such a treat to have Sharon A. Smith as guest speaker with her beautiful & painterly rugs …would have loved to have been a fly on the wall that day!

And Missy …what a {nice surprise} …I didn’t expect you to post my name & my Wool-n-Wares FB page info here …thank you sooo much, WOW! Love seeing my woollies all “happily nestled” in your sweet ol’ wooden trencher, I hope everything sold well for you!

And…”thank you” to Diane B. (above) for your very sweet compliments too! ;)

Sweet of you to share your wonderful photos & FUN day at the VA Rugfest Lori …and for your kind support too! ♥
~~ Your 'Nawthern Friend', Diane