Thursday, February 09, 2017

~ Punching up a Storm ~

Yes, lots of punch needle going on...but
~ at least I'm not punching up a snowstorm!

our poor family in Connecticut are under blizzard conditions at the moment, 
with some parts expecting almost 18" of the white stuff... 
yesterday they were in the 60's and enjoying the warm sun, today it's a virtual white-out.
Please stay safe all you Yankees up there ~
xoxoxox

I've been working on the model for the Feb/Mar/April 2017
Primitive Punch Needle Club© from Notforgotten Farm™

Click HERE for more info, and to join/renew membership

I've decided to work my patterns a little differently for my punch needle designs from now on ~
so instead of just a running list of steps where to punch what color, 
I will also include the thread color/number and direction of punching {suggested only} 
~ on the design template.

much easier don't you think?
and this way you will get the actual direction of thread going like the model I've punched.
this is extremely helpful especially when using Valdani or any other variegated threads...



I've named this design
"Geranium Basket"
and will 'finish-finish' it today.
{I'll post later on Instagram/FB of the finish}

don't you love the antique look to the background and border?
using those variegates in certain directions really can make or break a design.

I am creating a few new Youtube videos on this subject, 
and if I have enough interest I hope to begin doing podcasts
here on this blog for rug hooking, punch needle, any/all needlework that I do!




Also, I'm punching
'Mrs Peabody'
{that sounds awful, I would never actually punch her ~ she's too sweet!}
 



She is a bird-lover like me {and lots of you}
and I'm thinking of a really unique border for this design...
 

 

 Looking through my threads for just the right color for my work
is always a fun time, especially when I can mix them up 
~ and use varying heights for dimension as well 

 

 my cozy little corner ~






and PLEASE READ: 


****PATTERN CORRECTION**** sorry I goofed!
on my 'Folky Sheep' punch needle pattern ~
       #1 }  the Urn is punched with DMC Ecru thread
       #2 } Lettering/Sheep Face & Legs is punched on the #3 setting of the Ultra Punch Needle
{{there I go being a human-bean again}} haha
{{{Thanks again Nancy K.}}}

 well off to enjoy the sun while it's here ~
and make a few more tiny little loops.

Please be safe out there, whatever your weather. 
Just Be Smart.

Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

8 comments:

Jane said...

Did you have any teensy-tiny snowflakes this afternoon? It's a good day to be inside stitchin'!!

Anonymous said...

Crystal clear and in the 50s here…I do love that antique-like background. Superb colors for bright red geraniums!

NMK said...

Here in Western Massachusetts , we already have 14"of snow & it is still coming down ! Some times we can hardly see our neighbors across the street ! It is very blustery too . I have the day off from work & am having fun punching away too !!! Love your new designs & very interesting how stitching in specific directions gives you such a neat primitive look , love it ! Pod casts would be fun to watch !!!!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,, love the newest punch needle!! Always love baskets or pots of flowers! Looking forward to that!!!
Snow, snow,,,, getting sick of gray days and snow here in ontario,,,,,
Take care,,,
Your cozy spot looks wonderful,,,,

elaine allerton said...

Forgot to say,,,,, podcast soundsgreat!! L8ve the videos of the sewing and punching,,,,,

Silent Stitches said...

A lover of blue too! Great photos.
Thank you for the sunshine that you bring each day.
Best wishes. ~C

Leonora said...

I'm not sure how I ran across your blog, but I'm so glad I did! I Googled Amherst to see how far you are from me (Fincastle). It's a little too far for dropping in, but not too far for a planned Saturday drive. One of these weekends I will invite a fellow hooker or two to make the drive with me : )

kelley said...

love the directional directions...your thread holder is killing me I tell you, killing me with green envy...