Sunday, February 19, 2017

~ Frying Pan Dyeing Class ~

 ok, so I will tell you first off...
don't be fooled by these beautiful, smiling faces:
they are trouble.
with a capital T.

& I'll prove it further down in this posting....

l - r ~ Robin, Heather, Joan, Jonette and Nancy
 the class began with us heating up the frying pans...
do you remember these? 
I am fortunate to have had my mom & sisters be on the look out for them 
and they found three of them for me.
{thankyouverymuch}

 so we added wool that we wanted to dye,
and each frying pan was to be for a different technique...

"No Dye" method of transferring color from one wool to another, with the wool being rolled up like a sushi-roll.
 and: 

Dying with Cushing's Acid Dyes ~ using the "Scrunch & Sprinkle" method...
and ~

Dyeing our wools with Onion Skins.
 After the wool simmered and the vinegar mordant was poured in...
we set about hooking and stitching for a while...
and we made a video too: 
AND THAT"S WHERE THE TROUBLE started!
{view the video and you'll see what I have to put up with}

after the wool was finished soaking up the mordant, 
we hung it outside to dry...

everyone's wool looked so very different from what it started out being!

Nancy looking at her wool...

 see this face below?
yeah, she's a badass.
she's one tough cookie {eater} that you don't want to mess with.
uh huh.

I love a hooker with an attitude!
I wanted to get us all together in front of our wools for a picture ~
the weather was so pretty!
so here we are...
 

 and these are the 'out-takes' ~
look closely and you'll see the shenanigans going on behind me without my knowledge....

Class Clown Nancy

Trouble-maker Robin
 I'm figuring things out now, by the snickering around me...
Notice Joan, Jonette & Heather....
how very innocent {not!}


 oh well, 
that's what I love about them!



here is our beautiful wool...


so pretty, no?
 crazy things happen in the dye-pot
{and at a dyeing class }
;)
 

~♡~


Thank you girls,
for being the fun-loving friends you are...
lets do this again soon!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

8 comments:

Connie said...

Way cool beans! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty wools…and crazy ladies…great combo!

NMK said...

So Neat ! And how much Fun you all had together !!!! Lucky Gals !!!!

Winnie said...

Gorgeous results! I love how the colors are so different from each other as well.. Now I look forward to hearing what the ladies plan to do with their new wools. Keep us posted!

The Eveningstitcher said...

That's exactly the kind of class I love...full of comediennes...jokes....and bad ass hookers....now that's fun!! I'm off to watch your video....by the way...love the beautiful colors of the wool!!

Farmhouse prims said...

If I lived near you, I would sure get in on the fun. What a fun day, thanks for sharing. hugs, Lecia

Three Sheep Studio said...

Looks like you gals know how to have a good time - with great results, might I add !!
Rose

Vicki Jo said...

Well, I think that frying pan in the middle was mine! A wedding shower gift in 1979. See? We should NEVER get rid of anything! Who knew I would need that frying pan to dye wool in 2017? Looks like so much fun!