Tuesday, January 17, 2017

~ A Little Nonsense ~


... a few more changes, 
that is.

while working on getting this studio
{read: home office/sewing room/art studio...not sure what to call is, but I'll stick with studio for now}
Peter came upstairs to me with a smile on his face and hands clasped in front of him, saying
"I brought you good luck!"
{he's such a child and I love him for that}
He does this, occasionally ~ 
sometimes he'll gift me with a feather, a snail shell....a baby blacksnake.
~ you know, tiny sweet little gifts.
 BUT 
 believe me when I tell you 
there's NO telling what he'll be holding in those strong, yet gentle man-hands {refer to blacksnake}.
So, I stepped back,  {smart from experience} while he proceeded to unclasp those hands.
and out crawled a tiny little black cricket!
{here's a link to a little fun reading on crickets --> HERE}

of course we set him free in the farmhouse, to carry out his destiny
{I think I heard him chirping by the woodstove last night}



after the much-needed cricket diversion, 
{thank you  honey}
more progress was made on said room:


you can see we hung a big old mirror, and other things that make me happy ~ 
like the big lanky doll from friend Mandy from Bittersweet Folk Art, 
an old Victorian engraving of a girl named 'Emily'...
a wonky little wooden shelf that was a high school Wood Shop project back in the 1940's &
my favorite wire dress form sits behind the curve of the desk, as I hate empty space {hahaha}



and  favorite sign hung above the mirror,
"A Clean House Is The Sign Of A Broken Computer"
{{ 'nuff said there....}}

 

As I get to the corners of this room, 
which are momentarily piled floor to ceiling with wool,
 fabrics and other creative paraphernalia  ~ I'll share more.

In the meantime,
today all orders that came in last week while I was sick will be processed and shipped today!
I apologize for the delay, but I couldn't get off the sofa.
you have my permission to whip me with a wet wool worm if you feel the need.
I'm stronger now and can take it.
;)
I am "finishing the finishing" on my new soon-to-be-released Spring designs
 as well as the
Jan/Feb/Mar 2017 Little Stitches Handwork Club ~ and kits will ship this week.
much appreciated thanks for your patience my friends....


Hoping you have a beautiful day, filled with happiness and peace ~

Blessings from the Farm ~ 
Lori

14 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love it Lori!! Just perfect for your creative mind! I really love the hanging lamp..I bought a couple for my sewing room and they are ugly...but they do the trick..I wish I had seen yours last week :-(! Every thing is perfect together!! I love crickets....they bring good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, let me just say that I love crickets for their sound…when the weather is mild enough, I open my bedroom window a bit just to hear the sound of their night-chirping. I find it incredibly comforting before I am lulled to my dreams. And, Lori, your workspace looks awesome!

Jacqueline said...

Your "office" corner of the room looks great.. Sew much lighter and more airy.

Doreen Frost said...

The new space/desk area looks wonderful Lori. Love the color scheme. glad you are feeling better.

wishing you a lovely day ~ doreen

Jane said...

So glad your energy is back and you're feeling better!!! How fun to create such a wonderful new space. I'm looking forward to Saturday and getting OUT OF THE HOuSE and seeing some sunshiny faces!
Hugs,
Jane

Carolyn said...

The new arrangement looks doable. Rearranging always seems to perk things up. My Wooly Nest needs help, but am taking my head and throat to the dr this afternoon. Hope I am will soon be new and improved. So glad you are feeling better.

Saundra said...

Well good luck but thought crickets ate cotton and wool.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

And already it looks primitive again - gorgeous glass desk included. Keep us posted. Glad you are feeling better too.

Valerie @ said...

Hi Lori, Love your new workspace!! Amazing how reorganizing and changing things up a little can sometimes recharge our creativity. Hope you continue to feel better and thanks for all you do!!!!

gracie said...

Crickets... I have not heard one in some time. Here in Arizona I have not heard any, at least here in The Valley area. Peter sounds like he can be very playful except with the snake!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,, glad ur feeling better!! What a time,,,,
Your studio looks great!! Love crickets, too,,, we have strange weather here,,, mild today but still lots of snow!! So no crickets yet,,,,,

Winnie said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! You new studio look is turning out quite nicely. I think your new desk arrangement is going to be a wonderful working set up for you too. Hehehe, that sign above the mirror is the cat's meow! So, so TRUE!!!

I hope your little Jimminy Cricket will bring you lots of comforting chirping in the days ahead.

Jackie said...

Your studio is coming along beautifully!

Cheryl R said...

lovin your room.
Crickets love all the fabrics we do but they only create holes, not beautiful stitches