Wednesday, June 29, 2016

~ Switching Gears ~

Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
and happy sunny hot & humid Wednesday to you all!

After being in New England this past weekend,
my melancholy heart is longing for my roots…
~ the sights & colors of old Connecticut & Massachusetts 
have my imagination going in a direction towards Autumn once again ~ 
and that is fine with me.

While in Sturbridge, we visited a little shop called
Quilt & Cabbage
where I found the most beautiful homespuns in my favorite shades;
blacks, greys, blues, cheddars ~ ticking & checks and plaids…
oh my!

I will incorporate these into my needlework as backings and such.
{actually I never have a plan in mind when fabrics find me ~ I just take them on home along with me}

see the little punched squirrel?
he will become a pattern for my Autumn/Harvest/Hallowe'en release
coming in July….




of course, being a shop owns myself, and one that carries lots of wools…
I HAD to purchase these from Doreen at Ye Country Mercantile in Sturbridge, MA
{what's wrong with me?}




they just jumped into my arms
~ like we were long-lost friends ~

you can see the beginnings of another pattern model below,
this one is wool appliqué of course…




I love the tags on this wool
"Wool Hooker"




If I get any down-time this evening,
I will drool over  peruse this new book that I purchased up north…

it was the cover that made me buy it….
{ya think?}




Printing
Packaging
Shipping
Banking
that's what's on my agenda for today ~
… before I get to punch any loops or pull any thread.

Have a beautiful mid-week-day my friends!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

14 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Yum.... Hope we see some in our LSHC fall piece! 😘

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous purchases, Lori! So rich and filled with promise…I adore Massachusetts…New England…I want to go back...

susiedele said...

Oh goody, a new wool applique. Yummy colors, too.

Jacqueline said...

Love your fabric buys.. One can never have enough fabric whether it be cotton or wool.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Hey Lori!! Glad you had a great time in MA!! T think Doreen had a shop on Rt 20 about 15 years ago and I visited her there...It was wonderful then and it looks wonderful now! I have that book by Tim Tanner and it is a beauty! You will have fun devouring each page! Can't wait to see what you do with your fabrics!

Lady Locust said...

I can so relate. I think there must be a certain breed of fabric with a natural instinct just to latch on to me :)
Beautiful!

marly said...

I've read that the Tim Tanner books are excellent, never had the pleasure though. You really scored on those fabrics, not easy to find. I wonder where the "cabbage" came from?

Lllr55 said...

Love the fabric you bought!I have some of the same stuff!

Krissy B. said...

Lori, I have both of his books and they are so wonderful! You will go back to it often. Great poat.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful homespun choices !
Rose

elaine allerton said...

Love ur purchases!! They appeal to me, too,,, as well as the beautiful woolens,,,,, my hooking room is full,, and now have started to needle punch!! Enjoy ur posts,,,,,

Tiara wearing Cross Stitcher said...

I too am longing for Autumn - been stitching an Autumn design in hope of cooler weather - and we at least have less humidity and a bit cooler here. Love all of your finds! The book looks like something I need to search for. Thanks for sharing.

VLPDevore said...

I love the squirrel! We saw "George" last winter and he is still here to be seen on occasion. Can't wait to get your pattern. vickie

woollabeast said...

Lori, I already miss you!!! I SOOOO enjoyed meeting you finally & learning your masterful punch needle technique! By JOBE..."I finally GOT IT"!! I was bound & determined to get YOUR (angle & rhythm) down...and by Monday evening I was on my way! Then, orders (work-work-work) have been beckoning me...so I've not touched your sweet STURBRIDGE PEONY since, hopefully a little later today! I'm (just now) uploading the photos I took at our workshop at Ye Country Mercantile on Saturday & will be sending you & Doreen them shortly! :D PLEASE COME BACK to Mass. next year to teach again, I know everyone would {love it}! And GREAT stash of homespuns, I'll have to check out that shop...never been! PS- I love your Squirrel...I think we were talking a lot about them in class (hee-hee)! Happy 4th to you & Peter! Woolly Hugs, Diane