Wednesday, June 22, 2016

~ Laundry Room update & Folky Sunshine finish ~


ood Wednesday Afternoon Friends & Folk!
a little rain, some clouds ~ but otherwise another splendid day indeed…

I wanted to share the progress of our laundry room/mud room renovation with you :)

here are the walls, all sheet rocked & painted ~
and the beautiful ceiling back up with new light fixture to boot!


{{ had to 'decorate' it somehow, so I hung sweet annie to dry in the window…}}

… the ceiling boards came out better than expected.
their new 'old' look is perfect for this old farmhouse ~




just a touch of satin poly to bring out the paint & woodgrain a bit,
but mostly leaving the original paint colors of white over greenish blue…

the pendant light was on sale at Lowes 
~ and has an antique nickel-silver finish and old fashioned bulb:




the dark stained wood beams and window/baseboard trim are next…




THEN
I can begin to move in our furniture!




… here are a couple of pieces that we had laying around ~
 the red cupboard was found in this old house when we moved in…
it was painted white over a hideous baby-powder-blue.
{nope.}
so we painted it oxblood red and distressed it severely, still using all of the original hardware.




the shelf-thing on top was an unfinished, unpainted ca. 1980's repro peg rack shelf
that I flipped upside down and did my magic on using black paint & 14k gold paint.
;)

{if you look closely on the top surface of the red cupboard, you'll see my 'faux' water-rings.}




I'm very happy at how these two pieces came out!
they will stay together and be used next to our washer & dryer…
the cupboard will hold detergent, irons & laundry sundries,
and the black shelf will hold my prim baskets & such.




didn't spend a dime on them, 
… except for elbow grease and a little paint 
;)




~ AND ~

here is the finish of that folky Sunshine punch that I have been working on ~




I mounted it to an early New England sap bucket…
and added fresh flowers.




I love saturated colors.
{can you tell?}
and I especially love the red, blue yellow & wood tones together.




I'll be bringing this finished piece to the 
Summer in the Valley show on Saturday July 9th
along with more of my finished punch needle folk art, patterns & stuff :)




don't wildflowers make you happy?
they do me…




 I will be heading up the dusty road bright & early tomorrow morning…
first to stop off in CT for a short visit with family,
then upward even more north to Sturbridge to teach a class at Ye Country Mercantile.

I have shipped the most recent orders out, 
but if you place an order from now until Monday June 27th, they will not ship until June 28th.

I'll have my iPad with me if you need to contact me for any reason ~ 
please email me or message me through FB.

Peter will be here at the farm if you should have any questions or concurs, you can call him.

I'll be sure to take lots of photos of our travels,
and will be back soon!


~ Blessings from the Farm ~ 
 Lori

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magic INDEED! I've never seen two people create such wonders in such a short amount of time! The ceiling is stunning, as are the folk-painted furniture and shelf. And your Sunshine-on-a-Sap-Bucket is such a waker-upper and makes me smile so! Have a great trip, workshop, and we'll be waiting to hear from you, Lori...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your black shelf reminds me of a bench, and I can see a well loved dolly or bear wedged in the corner with your baskets! Have safe travels, fun visits, and great classes.

Janet said...

That's a wonderful redo of your laundry/mudroom..looks great.🙂

Janet said...

That's a wonderful redo of your laundry/mudroom..looks great.🙂

Suzanne said...

Maybe you'll give us a little more of Joans house since you are leaving?? Take care! Love all you do!

NMK said...

Just Love your new ceiling & light fixture , the red cupboard & shelf look great too ! Have a safe trip , can't wait for class on Saturday & to meet you !

Angela Tucker said...

If I had a laundry room like your's, my laundry would always be caught up! LOL So beautiful and primitive. Your punch needle is perfect on that bucket and looks fabulous with the flowers. Have a wonderful time on your travels.

marly said...

Wow. Sunshine's eyes seem like they follow you around the room. Amazing work of perfect colors.

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Awesome wash room underway and I love, love, uber love Mr. Sunshine. Fantastic in every way !

Cheryl R said...

💗 it all. the sun and bucket is perfect.

Anne said...

lovely! Everything is very lovely! :)

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,, love ur new laundry room,,,,
Great job,,,,
And ur punch needle is wonderful!! Looks perfect on ur bucket with the wild flowers! Love them, too,,, ours are just coming up,,,, have a good time with family, and ur class,,,,, tske care,,,,

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love how your laundry/mud room is turning out, Lori! Can't wait to see with the finishing touches. You and Peter are an amazingly talented duo! Lori

debbie haggard said...

LOVE this post- everything in it makes me happy at how gorgeous it all is !

village folk art said...

Those ceiling-floor boards are remarkable. Sunshine turned out perfectly.
Keep safe and enjoy the day...Peace,
Barb

gracie said...

Superb, everything is superb! Love that sun!

Monica said...

Love how that bucket turned out! You should send a picture of it to the CBS Sunday morning show. They always show hand crafted Suns.

Unknown said...

Whoa, I actually love your new ceiling! Not many houses could pull that off but it looks like it has been in your house all along! Just lovely! Also really loving your folky sunshine finish! I don't know punch needle, but I may have to learn because I really want to make a lovely sunshine man for my own home!!!

Devon said...

Oh my!! I love that sunshine! Wow! You're very talented!

woollabeast said...

Lovin' the progress Lori & Peter...beautiful ceiling, light & airy laundry room...beautiful! And Mr. Summer Sunshine just makes you feel "sunny & happy"...perfectly attached to your weathered bucket filled with Black-Eye Susan ...what's not to love! **Can't wait to finally meet you tomorrow in Sturbridge...yippy, FUN-FUN day ahead! ~♥~ Diane

blueladie said...

I have no interest or talent for punch needle, but I sure do Love Love Love your 'folky sunshine' piece. By the way, did I say I LOVE it!!!
Thanks for your blog. I don't always comment, but I sure do read. :) Cathryn

Maggey and Jim said...

Love your sunflower face, sets the whole room off.. Great decor...