Wednesday, March 30, 2016

~ Springtime on the Farm ~


Happy Wednesday Friends & Folk!

a sparkling morning it is ~
 there was a light frost last night, 
which makes everything shimmer in the morning sunlight…
prompting me, of course to take a morning stroll with camera in hand:

my little grape hyacinths have naturalized a bit more 
 ~ and are now filling up this tiny garden spot above our well-pump ~




sweet-faced angel watches over all….




aren't they beautiful?
love that color combination ;)



in the Farm Shop Garden, things are popping up all over!
brand-new lamb's ear wearing a bit of frost ~ below…




viola's, oat grass, lavender & a few 'volunteers' are coming to life in this box, below…
I won't pull weeds until after mid-April allowing everyone to stay protected & warm.




a small redbud tree, almost-spent forsythia 
and my favorite Harry Lauder Walking Stick bush yawn & stretch to life once again ~




a close-up of the catkins on the HL bush
love the wonkiness of this plant and how it lends character to my garden all year long!




our humble home-place in the morning light ~ 
can't get over how green our grass looks!




St. Francis protects another of our little garden plots ~
keeping an eye on our woodland & farmyard friends…




Pinocchio & Daisy eating breakfast ~




a long-shot of their paddock along with Bobby & Esther in the background…




A Glorious morning indeed!!!

As most of my readers & followers know, I'll be heading down the dusty road in the wee hours of tomorrow morning to begin a fun-filled weekend of stitching-induced craziness!

I have one more motto punch needle design ALMOST finished…..
{thought I could get two more finished, but the 4th one will just have to be released
 at the VA Rug Fest on April 9th}'

this design suits me {and some of you too!!} to a T…
it reads:
"Stitcher by day
Hooker by Night"




have just the dark background left to punch, then I will finish-finish it.
;)




I think it's FUN ~
and pretty much sums up my lifestyle & vocation HA!!




I'll edge this with some of that wonderful Silk Sari ribbon 
just like the other 2 previous designs I've shown previously.




Well, I better get moving ~ I have miles to go before I sleep!
Think I'll stitch outside today & soak up that sunshine…

I will check back in here once I'm settled into our room in Georgia ~
I'm sure I will have many photos & much to tell :)


~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that stroll around your burgeoning gardens, Lori. I love the statuary, and especially that Harry Lauder Walking Stick…gnarly-heaven to me! Today it is overcast and misty, moisty---but that doesn't stop me from puttering in my gardens to see the latest "what's what." Enjoy your sunny day of creating!

Janet said...

Lovely gardens.... Since I'm quite a bit further north I only have a few crocus blooming....still... It's wonderful to see....new life :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

A glorious day at the farmstead indeed! Ahhh...you all are so much further ahead than we are here....A bit of green peeking through here in there, but nothing blooming.... A good thing too as we had 13" of snow last week and more on its way tomorrow. I adore the walking stick bush...will have to do some research and see if can survive the climate in Nod. Safe journey my friend! LOVE the new design...yes, only hooking at night these days as I need the day's light to see to stitch. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Unknown said...

I am so in love with your farmhouse, it looks perfect !

elaine allerton said...

Lori,, thanks for ur pics of the gardens and ur stitching! Love seejng gardens come to life,,, looks great,,,, we here, have sime spring days,, then winter comes back,,,, not nice!!
Enjoy ur pics and blogs,, thanks,,,, have fun this weekend,,,, someday I will get to ur shop,,, it looks so inviting,,,,

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, you are very blessed to have such a beautiful cozy place with all the sweet critters, I love it all.Blessings Francine.