Saturday, June 06, 2015

YUM……….

Good Saturday Morning
~ Friends & Folk ~

the rains we have had lately
have brought an abundance of strawberries to our little garden-patch...



they are small & sweet little treats indeed,
but
unfortunately,
I cannot eat them any longer due to my diverticulosis.
ugh….




I gladly share them though, with our rabbit friends & feather'd folk who visit,
and Peter enjoys them as well.




but I do enjoy them in a different way 
...now, more than ever!

~ in needle and thread of course ~

...just look at these beautiful tiny stitches made by deft hands so long ago…




I wonder if those who stitched these sat in their very own garden,
while listening to birds and bees?




how very sweet to think….




that I am following the paths of generations before me
who were so inspired by their humble surroundings ~




...yet bring to life their worlds around them
making their small but important mark in history.





makes me want to 
gather my sewing essentials in a silk-lined basket ~
...and find a shady spot in the bower somewhere in time.

...wouldn't you want to join me there??




and recreate the fanciful flora & fauna of our imaginations
with needle and thread.




such delicate remembrances 
help us to create in the present, and connect us with the past
….. those things which fill our hearts.




such seemingly insignificant morsels
that were so very treasured
 then and now….




...they tie our heartstrings together with friendship & kinship ~




and remind us that there is nothing insignificant….
if just we look a little closer.




xxxxxXXXXXxxxxxXXXXXxxxxx

Farm Shop will be 
O P E N 
today from 11:00 - 3:00-ish…

come on out for a visit with us!
~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your strawberries look terrific. They were serving samples of strawberry shortcake at our farmer's market this morning. Have an enjoyable day.

Robin in Virginia

PS I like your background and font color. Very easy on the eyes!

Jane said...

Be careful with that divertic stuff!! I love those old samplers and your stitcheries, too, I'd gladly join you in that bower!!
Hugs.....

denise said...

Love strawberries!

Silent Stitches said...

Hi Lori,
Make some strawberry "jam" or ice cream topping. After you cook the berries with sugar,force the mixture through a fine sieve with the back of a spoon to leave the seeds behind. Store in a jar in the refrigerator. (I hope the resident chipmunks leave us some strawberries this year. They seem to like them as much as we do.) ~C

Monica said...

I love that verse about Spring and the passage of time. The strawberries are beautiful!