Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Dad-day, Sewing-things & the Hopping continues….

Hello Friends & Folk!

...and a very 
Happy Happy Father's Day 
to those wonderful people who have raised us, loved us, stood by us & put up with us!!!

My dear, sweet husband is one of those guys who was born to be a Dad…

Peter,
from day one you have been by my side helping to nurture, guide & teach ~
and our reward is a loving, compassionate daughter who loves us just as equally-fierce.
 ~ do you remember the day I told you "we" were finally pregnant after 7 loooong years?
I will never forget the look on your face.
...and do you remember how you fell head-over-heels in love 
with that tiny baby that was just born?
I do. 
I watched you then & I watch you now, 
and I have learned from you so much...

we are so proud of you for your accomplishments 
and I thank the stars everyday for you ~
L

Peter & Hannah

doing what he loves to do ~ work!!! lol

…enjoying just one of many of our animal-friends ~ this is Peaches, our Sun Conure {parrot}
xoxoxoxox
ok, enough of that mush ~
;)

on to 
THIS!

…do you remember a while back when I re-did my ugly sewing box?
well, Miss Joan has followed suit and has re-done hers!!!!!

and just LOOk at this beauty ~


ohhhhhh!

Miss Joan has taken one of her {{{many}}} vintage needlework pieces 
and stitched it to the top of her sewing box!!!
then
she added a dark blue rick-rack to the edge….perfect!
she also wrapped the handle with red/cream homespun which she loves so much….
~ very clever girl ~


at first Joan thought this was needlepoint, but upon closer inspection, it is actually cross stitch done in wool!

 and here what's inside ~
WOW



Miss Joan is an antiques dealer, 
and as such ~ she has the opportunity to hoard um…'collect' many things.
BUT her downfall passion is seeing items!!

I will be taking my camera to Miss Joan's House 
and capture her sewing room for you all to see in an upcoming post ~ 
oh my stars & garters you will NOT want to miss that post!




~ just look at all that great stuff in there ~
makes me want to go buy another box just to re-do it again!!!!!!

Thank you Joanie, for allowing me to share your beautiful sewing box with my readers :)
{now go dust that sewing room 'cause I'm coming!!}




>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~>~~><~~><~~><~~><~~><~~<~~<~~<~~<~~<~~<~~<~~<~~<

AND
Next on the 
Buttermilk Basin's Summerthyme Blog Hop is ~





also remember to visit Stacy's blog 
...to learn a little more about each designer

Thanks for the kind words regarding my little Picking Posies Scissors Fob ~
I would love to see your finishes!

Have a beautiful day, my friends ~ spend it with those who love you most ~

~ Blessings from the Farm ~
 Lori

3 comments:

jerilanders said...

Love that sewing box full of old goodies! And a happy dad's day to your Peter and all the other great fathers we dearly love!

Silent Stitches said...

"Happy Dad's Day" to Peter. Hope you all have a wonderful day! (Hannah..so adorable. For a minute I thought she was holding an embroidery hoop, then realized it was a coaster. LOL.)~C

My Colonial Home said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your husband.
Oh the sewing box is so sweet!
Blessings
Karen